DC

DC

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Saturday Results

Grinded 4 hours this afternoon and another 2.5 this evening. Finished the day a bit in the black for a solid weekend overall.

Lost $100 during the afternoon. Didn't run very well and prolly should have been stacked at least once. Most interesting hand of the session came right before I left. I called a $10 bet from the button with JT suited. Small blind, who I had become friendly with, three bet to $30. One caller and I folded. I jokingly thanked the SB for running me from the hand before I was able to get in a bad spot. Flop came JTT. I cursed the small blind in my head - three betting mutha fucker!!!. My friend in the small blind ended up getting it all in on the river and flipped JJ. Wow!!! Dodged a bullet!!

Evening session came down to one big hand, really. I had dropped about $70 a few hands before playing 99 against a young LAG kid when I three bet to $30 pre flop hoping to take it down and got called. Bet $40 on a K high flop and got called. I checked the T turn and folded to a $75 bet. Felt like I may have been run over. So, a few hands later, I have AQ and LAG limp calls $10. Flop comes Q73. Lag checks and I bet $15. Lag raises to 35. I three bet and slide out a stack of $100 redbirds. LAG shoves. HHhhmmm. I only have another $100 + behind, and I really feel like I'm being run over again. What is he limp-calling with and getting it all in on a Q high flop? This kid was raising with most pocket pairs, so even a set of 7's seems unlikely. I hate stacking off with a pair, but I feel I have to call. He turns KQ and I double up. Was this an easy call?

Went totally card dead for over an hour and just decided to call it a weekend. Nice to get back on track.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good weekend, P3. Not an easy call at all, IMO, on the AQ hand - without a solid table read, it's pretty rare to have someone play that aggressively with just top pair.

    Nice rake, sir!

    s.i.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, s.i... Kid commented after the hand,"why did you take so long to call?". Um. Because the hand did not make all that much sense, and I was thinking about folding! I guess we all value flopped top pair differently ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah - I think you're behind in MOST games with that sort of action. You had a good read, fortunately.

    lol on the JT hand. That would have been stacked for sure. Is it just me, or is JT the most overplayed hand in poker?

    s.i.

    ReplyDelete