DC

DC

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Desert Deferred

Just cancelled tomorrow night's flight to the desert and my three-night reservation at Aria.  In short, work is crushing my spirit at the moment, and the prospect of flying to the west coast for a mere three days and being out of the office Monday didn't seem right.  So, instead, this weekend will be a quick trip back to beautiful Atlantic City.  Instead of spirits at Nine Fine Irishmen, it will be beers at Eden Lounge . . .  rather than lunch at Todd English P.U.B. at Crystals, it will be Bills Burger Bar . . . instead of the Aria Daily, it will be the 2:00 pm at Showboat . . .rather than dinner at Striphouse, it will be Morton's at Caesars (ok, things could be worse . . .).   Yes, being a (semi) adult sucks sometimes. 

While I feel like whining a bit more, in honor of fellow blogger, grrouchie (See Confessions of a Local Fish), I'll just leave you instead with this:






3 comments:

  1. ha ha -- I bet grrouchie will love your post!

    Hey -- trading Las Vegas for Atlantic City because of work? Sounds like you lead a charmed life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, living the dream, lightning . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, while I would have loved to grab a burger and brew with you while you were out here visiting I understand going to AC instead. Run good while you are there.

    Also, Sunshine and Puppies were f'n awesome.
    Good job there haha. I got a good laugh out of it.

    ReplyDelete