DC

DC

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Back at Sea Level

After three weeks mile-high, the Poker Barrister is back home . . .

Trial went as well as could be expected.  In fact, we crushed the Villain.  Both parties waived their right to a jury; thus, the decision is in the judge's hands and we expect a ruling within the next week or two.  Despite how well everything went, we could still lose on several potentially fatal legal issues.  But, if we lose, we'll rest well knowing we did the best we could.

Trial aside, it was great to spend so much time in Denver - a truly first class city.  Great restaurants and bars and incredible outdoor activities:






I got home Friday evening, slept 13 hours, and drove to Dover Saturday to play some hands.  When I arrived, the room was dead.  Accordingly, called the audible, and drive north to Wilmington to play the 7:00 pm tournament at Del Park.  Pretty much got run over and was out shortly after first break. 

The next morning, Dover was still dead.  Again, drove to Del Park and played cash for 3 hours or so.  Didn't fair much better.  Was largely card dead.  Flopped two decent hands and lost both.  The first was AT on an AdTd3d.  I called flop and turn bets and was able to check down the river, only to see Villain's flopped flush.   The second hand saw me turn a str8t with KJ on a Qd9d7d flop when I hit the gutshot on 4th Street.  I check-raised the turn and we check/checked the river when a 7 paired the board.  Once again, Villain (the SAME villain as last hand) flopped the diamond flush.  Good times.

In the end, I lost half my buy-in over the course of the afternoon and left feeling thankful I had not gotten stacked....

Still up a few buy-ins on the year.  And, as summer is here, I'm looking forward to picking up my volume.  In fact, heading down to Florida Thursday night for some cocktails and sun, and will definitely be playing poker in the evenings.  I believe Gulfstream Park is a few miles from the hotel, and will likely be the venue of choice. 

Shortly thereafter, it's off to Vegas for 9 days.  I'll be in town for the TBC Classic (or, should I say, the Koala Aussie Open) at the Riviera on the 24th . . . .  Looking forward to meeting up with some fellow bloggers / readers at the event . . .

-PPP


6 comments:

  1. I get soooo jealous when I hear about people actually having "options." The nearest poker room is a 90+ minute drive, but only has a few tables. To get to a decent poker room I have to drive over two hours. The drive there isn't so bad, but it is the long drive home, sometimes in the wee hours of the morning, that sucks out one's energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's hard to complain; although it's still a bit of a drive. In DC, we have Charles Town which is 50 minutes away, and then Del Park and Dover which are both about 1:45 away. And, of course, AC which is like 3:30 (or, 5:00 with traffic) drive. Hoping to get table games in Maryland soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANOTHER blogger going to Vegas before I get moved out there - WONDERFUL... Good luck though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. u should try and make it to ac and say hi soon as possible

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coach, you're moving to Vegas?!? I'm jealous. When your heading west?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tony. Heading to Florida for a week. Perhaps next weekend? June 6th?

    ReplyDelete