DC

DC

Sunday, July 8, 2012

. . . And Then He Flashed Me His Nutz !!!!

Capped a frustrating week of poker today.  Played four days this week.  Felt like I played well given the cards I drew.  I had hardly any decent hands and just couldn't hit a hand.  For instance, I had pocket 44 four times the past two days, each time facing a preflop raise to $10 or more.  Twice, the raise got 5 or 6 callers and I set mined and failed.  The other two times, the raise drew only a call or two, and I folded.  And, of course, both times the four hit the flop.

Today was more of the same.  Dragged two decent pots, both with a whiffed AK.  Both times, my $10 to $12 preflop raise drew 5 to 7 callers.  Both times I was in position.  Both times, it checked around and I fired a $35 C-bet and took down the pot.  That was as good as it got for me.

Today, I had two straight flush draws.  Yes, two.  I chased both and missed both.  I also had the nut flush draw twice and called flop bets on both before giving up to healthy turn bets.

Then, I finally got lucky and caught my draw . . . I was in the car headed home three minutes later.  Here's the hand:

Sitting on $190, in the cutoff, with KQ diamonds.  It limps 4 ways to me, and I raise to $12.  Two callers.  Flop comes down J(d)  4(d)  A(c).

UTG leads for $20 and middle position calls $20.  I call on the diamond draw. 

Turn is a beautiful Jack of diamonds.  Check, check . . . I cut out $65 and push across the line.

UTG folds.  Middle position tanks . . .  He's a solid regular..... He raises $100 on top.  There's about $250 in the pot.  I have just less than $100 left.

Is this EVER NOT the nut flush?  Is this ever a semi bluff with top pair, nut flush draw?

Well, it didn't really matter.  After four sessions of missed flops and draws, the hook was solidly lodged in my jaw . . . this fish snap called... Regular kindly flashes me his nutz (please, behave . . .).   I'm done for the week.

Very frustrating.  15 hours of solid, relatively mistake-free grinding this week, and it's all gone in one hand . . . one bad decision. 

I hate poker.  Again.



6 comments:

  1. Yeah, that sounds like a hollywooded 2-4 play (when they gasp in disgust, and then bet)... He tanks, then raises 100 on top - Yep... Better luck next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is there a jack of diamonds on the flop, and another jack of diamonds on the turn?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the raise on the flop in position especially after being the pre flop aggressor. When he ships his stack in over your raise you may be able to get away. If he flats your raise and you whiff the turn, you buy yourself a cheap look at the river. It checks to you and you knuckle to the turn. Of course, I am never folding a second nut flush for 1 buy in, just offering an alternative way of losing your stack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredіble! This blog looκѕ juѕt like my old one!
    It's on a totally different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Superb choice of colors!

    Here is my weblog ... Red Kings Poker Offer
    My page - Ezinepr.Com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you a bunch for shаring thiѕ with all people you aсtually гecοgnize whаt you're speaking approximately! Bookmarked. Please additionally seek advice from my website =). We could have a link change arrangement among us

    Check out my page :: AmericasCardRoom Promotions

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gone to tell my little brother, that he should also go to see this web site on regular basis to get updated from most up-to-date news update.

    my web blog; Red Kings Poker Promotions

    ReplyDelete