DC

DC

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Poker Barrister is Getting Old

Yes.  I'm doing it again.  Cancelling a long weekend trip to Vegas.  The thought of a 5 hour flight this Friday getting into vegas at 11:00 pm (2:00 am EST), and a red eye back Monday night with a drive str8ght to the office makes me tired.  Throw in adjusting to the time change, and it's just too much.  Yes, I'm getting old.

So, instead, it will be back to AC for labor day weekend.  I was hoping to stop by Del Park Friday night for the 10:00 pm tournament, but this week, all the Friday tournaments are satellites for the Saturday noon deepstack.  That being the case, I'll prolly roll into AC around noon Saturday (might try to get there in time for the 11:00 am at Showboat).  Have concert tickets for Borgata Saturday night.  May also play a tournament or two at Borgata this trip.  Otherwise, I'll likely end up grinding cash at Harrah's.  There are certainly worse ways to spend a weekend.

Speaking of grinding cash . . . I don't think I've had a winning session since early June.  It's really been brutal.  I need to update my poker tracker by adding a few recent sessions (currently stored on my Iphone memo pad), but I'm fairly certain I'm down a few hundred for the year at this point.  Perhaps this is the weekend it turns around . . .

-Pete 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang -- I was hoping to grab a brew with you Sunday night. The PokerMeister said he might meet up with you. Nice guy. Just missed meeting him at Horseshoe Hammond once.

    Have fun in AC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How come lightning's stuff sticks, but I get auto-deleted? WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're sticking now, Meister . . .

    ReplyDelete