DC

DC

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Live From Del Park

Brutalized.

Just bounced out of the Noon $150 before the second break.  Wasting time before the 7:00 PM.

Nothing went right this morning.  The first real hand I played occurred at $200/$400/$50.  I raised a limper from middle position with KQ and got another caller.  Three to the flop:

J 9 T rainbow.  Nuts.  Limper bets into me for $600 and I flat.  Caller folds.

Turn: J.  Dude leads again for $800.  I flat.

River is a 9.  Can a board get any worse?  Villain leads for $2,200.  At this point, assuming he caught the flop, I'm beating AT or KT.  And, I doubt he would donk bet three streets if he were that weak.  Fold.  Perhaps I should have re-raised the turn.  But, I'm not sure that would have taken it down, even assuming I was ahead at that point.

Second hand played:  AJ diamonds.  Blinds $300/$600/$75.  I raise to $1,500 and get one caller.  Flop is 5 3 9.  Villain checks and I bet $2,000; villain calls.

Turn is a 7. Villain checks, and I check.

River is an A.  Villain leads for $2,500.  I call.  He flips 64 for the turned straight.

A few hands later, I wake up with QQ in the big blind.  4 people limp for $600.  I pop it to $3,200.  It folds to the button, who calls.  Flop comes down A-rag-rag.  Of course.  I decide to act strong and bet  $2,800.  Villain calls.  I'm done with it.  Turn blanks and I check-fold.

Now I'm sitting on 1/3 my starting stack, and have to play super TAG.  Twice, I folded Ace-rag to raises.  Both times, flop came out AAx and neither player had an ace.  Of course.  Meanwhile, jackasses are winning pots with T5 suited, etc.

I go card dead for about an hour.  Nothing.  Finally, two minutes from the break, I shove 34 spades from the small blind after a min-raise and three callers.   One dude calls me, and flips A8.  I turn a flush, and he rivers a boat.  Donzo.

On the bright side, I can't really run worse in the 7:00pm.

4 comments:

  1. 34 isnt the best hand to wait for when u are gonna shove

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be okay. I'm definitely enjoying your blog and look forward
    to new updates.

    Feel free to surf to my blog Microsoft Office Gratuit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is valuable and all. However think about if you added some great visuals or video clips to give your posts
    more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and videos, this website could
    definitely be one of the most beneficial in its niche.
    Amazing blog!

    Also visit my blog :: Www.Dailymotion.Com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey are using Wordpress for your blog platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and create my own.
    Do you require any html coding expertise to make your own blog?
    Any help would be really appreciated!

    my blog post; dragon City cheat engine

    ReplyDelete