DC

DC

Monday, March 11, 2013

Grinding Away

Waiting for the 8:35 pm flight Wednesday night to the desert.  Got the email notification for a first-class upgrade this morning from USAIR - solid start to the trip!  After a few months of D.C. winter, I'm actually looking forward to hanging out at the Aria pools as much as I am the standard Vegas degeneracy... 
 
Since I'm taking off Thursday and Friday, I spent nearly all weekend reviewing documents (easy lifting for a weekend) trying to make up the lost billable hours.  A grind of a different kind.  I did, however, manage to get out for a 5-mile run Saturday afternoon.  Hit up the dirt towpath at the C&O Canal by Great Falls, Maryland - one of my favorite places for a weekend run.
 




Burned through 5 miles at 8:45 pace.  Not exactly fast, but I'll take it.  My goal is to get it down to 8:30/mile or so by the summer.   For what purpose?  Fucked if I know... 
 
-PPP

4 comments:

  1. Run good in Vegas! Enjoy, sir! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, sir. Sadly, as I mentioned before, I may not even get much chance to play poker this trip. Fairly big group going, and of them, only 1 even plays poker at all . . .

    At the very least, I may have to be anti-social for one afternoon and hit the Aria Daily . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh ... surely you can sneak away for a poker session or two?

    A degen weekend in Las Vegas? I am jealous. Have an excellent time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like good fishing next to that path. Get those non players playing. Everybody else will thank you, and they would probably have a good time.

    ReplyDelete