DC

DC

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Still Breathing

As indicated by the title, I'm still alive.  Just busy.  And doing nothing worth writing about.

This past Saturday afternoon, I drove down to Baltimore, booked a room for the night, and bought tickets to the Saturday & Sunday O's/Twins games. 
 






While at the Yard that evening, at 11:45 pm, I got an email from a client trying to schedule a conference call Monday morning on a topic I wasn't quite prepared for.  Initially, I thought about just getting up early Monday morning to get ready.  But, after some consideration, I decided to do the responsible thing.  So, Sunday morning, rather than an early jog through Fells Point/Canton followed by a ballgame on a sunny, 65 degree day, I got in the car and headed back to D.C. to spend the day in the office.  Things have not slowed down since. 
 
Anyway, as the job is the primary thing that keeps me from sleeping in airports or convention center closets, I shouldn't (and won't) complain . . . 
 
And, in brighter news, the Braves (one of my four "favorite" teams for 2013) are in D.C. this weekend, and the weather should be good.  Perhaps this weekend my email won't blow up in the middle of the night.  Or, maybe I'll just shut it off.
 
In closing, How 'bout that Matt Harvey!!!
 
-P3

3 comments:

  1. I trust that your busy schedule means that I should cross you off the list of potential candidates for the Mexican prison threesomes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Affirmative . . . notwithstanding any scheduling issues . . .

      Man, it just gets stranger and stranger . . .

      Delete
  2. Of course I was thinking, "ahhh, convention center closets - GOOD IDEA... :)

    ReplyDelete