DC

DC

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

This Morning's Swift Kick to the Balls

Baseball's opening week has just now started to erase the memory of the debacle that was the 2012 New York Jets.  Who could possibly ruin my new-found happiness?  Why, Woody Johnson, of course . . .
 
Yes, sir.  I arrived to work this morning to find the invoice for 2013 season tickets waiting in my inbox.  I mean, come on, man.  If you are going to put a shitty product on the field, and then force me to spend $500 on preseason tickets which are as worthless as the paper they're written on (literally - the past two years they could not be sold for more than the ebay/stubhub transaction costs), and charge me another $250 just to park my car for the season, all on top of the cost of admission to eight regular season homes games where I will "enjoy" a team scoring 13 points a game, then at least give me a few months to overcome my profound hatred and ill-will before you hit me up again for more cash.
 
Well, on the bright side, at least I still own the PSLs we were all forced to purchase when the new stadium opened.  I mean, hell - I own the license for my seats!!!  How awesome is that?   Plus, it's an "investment" which can be sold on the open market if and when I ever decide that I've had enough of this shitshow.  An investment that is currently worth 1/8th of the purchase price . . .
 
J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS
 
-P3
 

5 comments:

  1. At first I thought the Woody Johnson comment was going to be part of some April Fools Day joke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The economy is bound to turn around, and the Jets..., well..., maybe... :) You made me smile, if that's any consolation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The good news is that your division just keeps getting weaker and weaker and weaker every year.
    The bad news is that it's mostly your team going in that direction....

    ReplyDelete
  4. PP have you gone nuts, paying to see the Jets is like TBC playing VBJ.

    ReplyDelete