DC

DC

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Quickie in the Desert

I logged on to my USAIRWAYS account this morning and, out of pure curiosity, checked out how many miles a trip to Vegas would cost this weekend.  24,000 miles for the 8:35 pm direct Friday night and the 11:59pm redeye Sunday night.  A mere 24,000 miles.  Um.  OK.  You have me somewhat interested.
 
Logged on to my MLIFE account next.  Three free nights at NY, NY.   Interest level RED.
 
Checked the weather at www.noaa.gov:  90's and sunny Saturday/Sunday.  Of course.
 
End result, ten minutes later, I'm leaving for the desert in three days . . .  I mean, there really was no choice.  Only question now is whether to take the comp at NY, NY or spend a little cash and stay at a place with a decent pool and better looking hookers.       
 
Monday morning at the office is going to suck... hard.  But, you only live once . . .

13 comments:

  1. hookers... always go with the hookers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure rent a car so you can drive to Jean.

    Don't forget a pillow for the flight home. Makes work easier if you can get some sleep. Love the red eye homeward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony, I'm going to be in Vegas for only 2 nights. I'm not renting a car and driving to Jean . . .

    I may, however, head to the MGM to see the Stones Saturday night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the quickie in the desert had something to do with one of those Mexican prison threesomes.

    Seeing the Stones in Las Vegas? You bastard! The jealous meter just blew through the top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still debating the Stones show (saw them once back at the old Shea Stadium when I was in high school . . .). I hate making plans for a night when I'm only in town for a day or two... I mean, by 8:00 Saturday night, I should be sitting on a stack of $800 or $900 at Bally's . . . tough to leave that type of spot. And, for any new readers . . . yes, that's sarcasm . . .

      Delete
  5. Hmmm ... looks like ticketmaster has virtually nothing left -- way back floor seat for almost $800. Looks like your best bet is Stub Hub or the like. Stub Hub prices start at about $250 for "cheap seats." lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's what I was looking at (Stub Hub). $250 is a mere black jack mini heater . . . or a $100 bet on a +250 dog on Saturday afternoon bases . . . or one good all-in at the $1/2 tables . . . It's all perspective, I guess . . .

      Delete
  6. Hope you have an enjoyable weekend.
    I work late all weekend so I'll have to catch you next time you are in town
    I don't remember why but I remember you telling me you owe'd me a beer and I sure as shit don't like to let those free beers lay around too long :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely do owe you a beer . . . We'll grab it in July hopefully!

      Delete
  7. Reading your comments - I sincerely like how you breakdown what $250.00 equates to... As for your Monday sucking, I'll be sure to feel REAL SORRY for you... :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete