DC

DC

Monday, July 15, 2013

The Rake is Too Damn High!

I'm back in the office this morning after a week and a half in Vegas.  Upon arriving, and concerned with my ability to afford lunch after 10 days of degening, I took a look at my recent pay stub.  More than 50% taken out in taxes, Social Security, Medicare and the like.  Let me repeat - MORE THAN FIFTY PERCENT!!!  Yes, I officially keep less than half of what I earn.  How is that even fucken possible?  Folks, the rake is officially too damn high!

9 comments:

  1. Just remind yourself that federal income taxes were meant to be "temporary" when they were first instituted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. But not helping!

      I'm actually kind of liberal. I'm not philosophically against taxes. I'm glad there are social services to help (most) people in need. I don't mind doing my part. BUT MORE THAN FIFTY PERCENT. Damn!!! I may need to reevaluate!

      Delete
  2. Look at it a little closer. The SS and Medicare is for you to collect later in life (If it survives). Taxes...Do you get a refund? Is any of the deductions for your medical and dental insurance. Do you have a 401K deduction.

    Not saying that the rake is reasonable, but some of that rake may be for bonuses you collect later on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hidden brag post about how much you make?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poker chips are available in different varieties and the Gambling Area is highly recognized for the wide variety of chips offered by them. Chips are made of different materials and the online chips vary in diverse styles and designs. Chips are specifically designed to assist players in earning more money through poker games.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The principles of card play as seen in the game of poker are common to many games across the globe. But the one unusual factor which differentiates the poker game from other ancient games is the betting or gambling
    .

    ReplyDelete