DC

DC

Friday, August 16, 2013

Feeling Diplomat[ic]

Last summer, I spent 5 days down at Hollywood Beach at the Westin Diplomat.  It was fantastic.  One of the best Westins I've ever stayed at.  Incredible pools, great stretch of beach, and good restaurants and bars.  Also, some of the best recognition/treatment of its "Platinum" members of any of the Starwood properties.
 
Well, this weekend, I was thinking about heading to AC to play some of dem poker.  But, apparently, Harrah's would still rather sell rooms for $350 a night to the club kids crowd (who don't gamble, and generally trash the joint) than comp an actual gambler a room for the weekend.  F that. 
 
So, I thought, why not head back to the Diplomat for the weekend.  A change of pace.  Plus, I've got to work on my tan a bit more so I'm ready for the pool at Aria Labor Day Weekend.
 
Thusly, 45,000 USAIRWAYS miles and 36,000 SPG points later, I'm freerolling a first class flight down to FLL tonight and an ocean view corner suite at one of my favorite resorts.   
 
Life is rough sometimes . . .

8 comments:

  1. tonight? its not labor day weekend yet. u and tatude should both look up agsweep this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ain't no cardboard box you are staying in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know how many spa nights you could have bought for Tony with that scratch?!? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Tony can somehow gain platinum status at SPG, he can dine free all across the country at the various executive lounges.... Plus the 4:00 late checkouts will come in handy...All he needs is 50+ nights at Westin/W Hotels/St. Regis, etc. .. Seems doable....

      I say he starts with 5 Nights at the SLS Beverly Hills. I mean, he's basically in town already....

      Delete
    2. LMAO.so did u make any NFL futures bets?

      Delete