DC

DC

Monday, August 26, 2013

Life Gets in the Way

I was all set, and fairly amped, to hit Vegas again this week.  I had 4 nights booked at Aria.  I was ready to spend some quality time at the pool, and get down on some football props.  But then life got in the way.
 
The proverbial shit has been hitting the fan at the office, and I just don't think I can take 3 days off this week.  Unless a man is willing to live in a cardboard box (and who the f*ck would do that?), sometimes you just have to suck it up and get the job done.
 
Notwithstanding this, in effort to turn lemons into lemonade, I'll be spending the weekend at the beautiful Jersey shore.  Yes, back to AC.  Harrah's still wants $1,200 for a room.  But, fortunately, I still have plenty of sweet, sweet SPG points banked, so I'll be free-rolling a suite at the Sheraton.  This will also free me of the Caesars' shackles, and allow me to gamble where ever I want (i.e., Borgata / Revel).  Hell, I may even spend afternoons at the beach . . .
 
This past weekend was more of the same -- two afternoons at the pool, and an afternoon game at Camden Yards Saturday, followed by dinner at Ruths' Chris (which put a fairly large dent in my "roll" . . .).  I even ran into the world's greatest Olympian and poker player extraordinaire on the beer line at the Yard:
 
 
My clutch Saturday was, however, offset by my Sunday.  To paraphrase Will Farrell: "Pretty nice little Sunday, going to go to the Home Depot, buy some cabinets . . . maybe look at a little flooring . . ."  Yes, after a series of preliminary appointments, my condo renovation is in full swing.  Appliances purchased and full kitchen redesign being worked out.  Along with new floors.  I'm really not sure I'm ready for this process.  I'm also not sure I really have a choice, particularly now that the train has left the station . . . 

8 comments:

  1. A little domestic time fit in with your busy poker schedule can't be too bad of a thing. Heck -- even with no Las Vegas you still get to play poker in style.

    I'll be on my way to Las Vegas approximately six days from now. Ahhhhhhhhh ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are standing me up.
    That's it - we're feuding.

    Hope everything goes well with the renovation!
    I bought a bean bag chair recently - that's all I have to boast about :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont like being homeless in a box. prefer a tent and a old truck wheel so i can use as a firepit.just saying. lol. now if u some lacker on the box ,so that it is a little waterproof then that is adifferent situation. lmao.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing about living in a cardboard box. Everyone seems to have their own preferences . . . likes and dislikes. I believe it was Martha Stuart who commented years ago that no one style of livable box is "wrong," so long as it fits your needs and is personalized to one's own tastes, preferences, décor and amenities.

      Delete
    2. too true,sir.the only thing with the big screen tvs being flat screens it is harder to get a large enuff box.another reason i miss the 80s. HUGE projection tvs. a 60 inch panasonic tv box was like a duplex. LMAO. well enjoy AC

      Delete
  4. P Cube/PM,

    Your prayers are answered! New room at MD Live is kickass!

    Check it out at your earliest. This weekend might be crazy. But, they do allow call in's for 2/5 or higher. So, I would put my name on the list for 2/5 and then move to 1/2.

    GolfPro

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds awesome. Almost stopped by an the way up th AC yesterday, but decided to keep going. Playing Borgata this weekend, but will his MDLIVE! Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, what's the update?

    Do we need to wait a month to hear about your exploits in AC?

    BTW, don't delay visit MD Live at your earliest convenience. I think we can kiss AC good bye now except for the big events.

    GolfPro

    ReplyDelete