DC

DC

Friday, September 27, 2013

Quitting Time

It's Friday.  6:00 pm.  I'm shutting it down, and officially starting the weekend.
 
It was a decent week.  Depositions got postponed, and I spent most of the week drafting a couple of mediation briefs.  No big thing . . .
 
In other news, after nearly two years, the D.C. Court of Appeals issued a published opinion yesterday affirming the trial court's award in favor of P3's client.  We litigated this case for over three years before the trial court.  It was brutal.  And, having to wait almost two more years to get some closure from the appellate court also sucked.  But, I guess that is the system we're stuck with.  It certainly would have been painful to have gotten a remand for the Court of Appeals and having to re-litigate below.  Fortunately, it's done.
 
And, in perhaps the most exciting news of the week, P3 discovered Fanduel.Com.  I mean, where has this been in my life?  It's like fantasy football.  But, with real money.  And with tournaments.  And daily drafts.   And fantasy college games . . .  I started out slow - I've only drafted 8 NFL teams and 2 college teams this week (sarcasm alert).
 
Anyway, I plan on spending Saturday at Maryland Live! getting my degeneracy on (after an 8:30 am appointment at Home Depot, of course . . . fuck. me . . .).   I may or may not play poker.  I may just hangout and watch college football . . . and monkey mash some sweet, sweet VP . . .  And, Sunday, of course, will be spent watching NFL and, hopefully, making some Fan-Duel-Dollars.
 
And with that, I'm out . . .
 
-P3       

8 comments:

  1. home depot?sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fanduel looks a lot like draftstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new addiction. Now you just have to find some of dem good playahs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poker, football, total degenerate... :) Congrats on the case!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poker, football, total degenerate... :) Congrats on the case!

    ReplyDelete
  6. since , u r going to hit home depot. swing on by, BED,BATH ,AND BEYOND too. GO RAIDERS just blocked a punt 4 a TD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Come on, P3 - lets see the fantasy football recap! I've been wanting to dip my toes in that weekly game, but haven't really been convinced yet.

    Put up your post and convince me!

    s.i.

    ReplyDelete