DC

DC

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Time Keeps Rolling . . .

6:30 am . . . Sunday . . . . sitting in Terminal E at Fort Lauderdale / Hollywood International Airport awaiting a flight back to DC.  Sadly, this was not a glorious return to the Westin Diplomat.  Instead, in perhaps an apt follow up on my last post, I was in town for a mere 30 hours for a funeral.... Time rolls on . . .

I land around 10:30.  Then I have to hustle to make a noon appointment to plunk down money on cabinets and counter tops.... With any luck, I'll be freed up in time to catch the Jets get smoked by the Bills at 4:00.  Glorious end to a fantastic weekend.  On the bright side, we were able to unload our 4 tickets (and 2 parking passes) to today's game at the Meadowlands on eBay for $315... Of course, face value for the tickets is $550....  Actually, I guess the true bright side is being able to laugh off such a hit . . .

I've got more depositions scheduled for this week, and a client who wants them called off.  Which means, at the very least, I get to fight with a bunch of pricks over scheduling issues and, maybe if I'm lucky, get hauled into court to have a judge sort it all out.  If I really run good, perhaps I'll go through with the fight AND STILL have to go forward with the depos.  Jackpot!!!

I swear, next weekend I return to degenerate form...

12 comments:

  1. damm,sounds depressing.cheer up , buttercup. u need to start grinding lo stakes poker like tony. live the life. lmao. sounds like a good start with getting 300 plus dollars for something worth 500.losing money is how the PROS do it.j/k.well have a great sunday. dont make any1 cry this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when do u get the stripper pole installed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contractor comes by (again) at 11:30 this morning. I'll have to raise the stripper pole issue with him then....

      Delete
    2. SWEET. r u doing all these renovations bcuz now that TBC says he can grind bovada anywhere in the USA. u r thinking he will show up at yr place and u feel yr place isnt good enuff.lol. j/k. wow how would of thought the jets would b 2-1 and the steelers and G-MEN 0-3.crazy world.but the craziness continues with the RAIDERS winning tonite.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about your loss. Not fun doing a 24 hour turnaround for a funeral :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your loss...getting old is a bitch

    ReplyDelete
  5. fucking raiders. my over 5.5 wins bet is looking shaking.now i got the skins this weekend with shanahan bcuz he loves playing the raiders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. stripper pole update? c if u can get a smoke machine installed.

    ReplyDelete