DC

DC

Monday, November 4, 2013

Don't F*ck with Vegas!

Vegas don't give free money away.  If something looks too easy, it prolly is.
 
Going into this weekend, I fully expected the Jets to get spanked . . . again.  Brees in East Rutherford isn't Brees in the dome.  Still, I was anticipating a solid 16 point Saints win.  Then I took a look at the line:  Saints -6.  Interesting.  Vegas was begging for Saints money.  I figured this would be closer than expected.  I did not, however, anticipate this:


It was a frosty Sunday in the swamp in Jersey.  One of those mornings where no one even wants to stick their hand into the icy cooler to pluck a cold breakfast beer.  Yet, Chris Ivory and company made it worth while.
 
 
At 5-4, the Jets remain in the AFC Wildcard hunt and have a somewhat favorable schedule the rest of the way.  I came in to this season expecting 3 wins.  Now, for the first time, my hopes are up.  Seems like the perfect spot for the Jets to once again be the Jets and crush my new-found spirit. 
 
***
 
After dealing with some renovation related deliveries Saturday morning, I hit the road for Atlantic City.  I arrived around 4:00 and, after checking in to Showboat, cabbed over to Caesars to hit up Toga bar for the Florida-Georgia game and grind some sweet, sweet video poker.  I had hardly racked up 20 tier credits and when I hit this:
 

I had gone three years without hitting deuces.  I've now hit it twice the past six months.  I think that qualifies as a heater!

I cashed out my profits and went over to Harry's Oyster Bar to focus on some college football.  An hour or so later, I went back to Caesars to grind a few more hands.   Within 5 minutes, I hit this:


I cashed out and grabbed dinner at Mortons.  Afterwards, I played a single shoe of black jack back at Showboat and cashed out up $280.  A solid finish to a profitable day.
 
***
 
Sunday morning began with an early wake up and a two hour drive up the Garden State Parkway to Met Life Stadium.  After the game, I went directly back to AC and checked in to a comped room at Borgata to grind a few more hours of sweet, sweet VP.  Borgata is one of the last places in AC that has 100 hand machines.  I took a seat and, after thirty minutes of play, got dealt the hand I was waiting for:
 
 
Unfortunately, that was the highlight of the evening at Borgata, as I ended up giving a bit of Saturday's profits back.  In the end, I was, however, able to book a winning weekend. 
 
Because of time limitations, I wasn't able to play any poker.  Good thing its only 4 days until the next weekend.
 
-P3

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, sir. I feel like I'm really growing as a VP player . . . I've found my niche . . .

      Delete
    2. I might have to go back to VP if my Powerball prowess continues to FAIL me....

      Delete
    3. P3 you should go coach TBC on how to play VP, lol.

      Delete
    4. Nice hits...I hit quad 2's over dinner up at Winstar last time I was up there...free steak and about $300 on top...was a nice meal.

      You really should do some coaching..TBC could use it *snick*

      Delete
  2. Actually, I have a prediction: PPP gets hooked on video blackjack, becomes homeless and must sleep immediately. Or is that storyline already taken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're half-mistaken, sir. All I need is a new chart from Kimlee and I can grind VBJ forever without ever going broke.

      On the other hand, after this weekend (and after getting up at 5:00 am to "commute" to work from AC this morning), P3 MSI (must sleep immediately)

      Delete
    2. You know, you might want to call out sick a few days and keep playing some VP.
      Your hourly seems pretty good and I'm sure it's sustainable

      Delete
    3. i knew those contractors from gnome depot couldnt keep mr sunshine grumpy 4 long.now if just the seahawks could of lost too. my survivor leagues on espn,foxsports,and lucki ducky would b looking as sweet as yr vp.

      Delete
  3. Every time you mention AC and Harry's I get itching to go. It is an 8 hr dr. for me, but is between here and my long time homeland, Long Guyland. With the holidays coming, I can already taste the oysters at Harry's. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where on Strong Island you from? I grew up in Smithtown

      Delete
  4. Central Islip, in the Village of Islandia. Hung out in Smithtown plenty.

    ReplyDelete