DC

DC

Friday, December 20, 2013

Happy Holidays

'Tis the season or some shit.  It's Friday morning and I'm trying to clear my calendar to take next week off.  The plan is to surround a few days of family fun and holiday cheer with some wholesome degenerate wagering.  In this regard, I'll be taking off this evening for 4 nights at The Borgata.  Tomorrow, beginning at noon, is 5X Slot Dollars.  Yes folks, that's right.  For every slot dolla earned between noon and 8:00 pm, you get $5.  Degenerate Christmas is coming early.  I plan on being rested and ready to monkey-mash (TM) dem buttons beginning at 11:59 am.  I will take sporadic breaks to sip refreshing Miller Lite, rest my fingers, and watch some college bowl games.  In short, I have a delightful day planned.
 
Sunday is still up in the air.  If I wake up with self-loathing, I may make the 2-hour drive up the Garden State Parkway and catch the Jets game.  If I don't feel like punishing myself, Sunday will be spent in the poker room and/or watching NFL from B-Bar.  Monday will be much the same.
 
I'll be home visiting my parents and family Tuesday through Thursday.  Then, assuming all is quiet in the office, the plan is to stop back at AC on the way home for a weekend at Harrah's. 
 
A truly degenerate Christmas!
 
Happy Holidays to the usual crowd and to any random readers.  Hope everyone has a safe and festive week.
 
-Pete P. Peters       

11 comments:

  1. Happy holidays to you as well! Have fun monkey mashing! I'll be monkey mashing onboard a cruise ship - though it'll be the electronic poker tables, not the slots...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude! That sounds awesome. Where you heading to? Hopefully you run into the "warm" weather we getting on the east coast. Have fun!

      Delete
    2. 7 day cruise with the kids to the Bahamas. It will hopefully be warmer than here :-). We're going with another family who has 3 kids the same ages as our kids. We last went on a 3 day cruise (out of fear the kids would hate it) and they've been begging for another cruise ever since.

      Delete
  2. if its a cruise ship, outside the country, not subject to US law, why the need for the tables to be electronic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's more of a space / dealer convenience thing. The electronic tables are 6 or 8 max and take up less space. In addition, they don't need to have a dealer, which eliminates another position at the table.

      Delete
  3. I imagine that the rake is still unreal even with an electronic table?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poker Meister is like the Honey Badger - he don't give a f*ck about the rake. He just takes people chips!

      Delete
    2. LOL - rake does suck though :-(. My goal has always been to win back the cruise $$$ in poker winnings, but it never seems to work out that way...

      Delete
    3. I did that on my one and only cruise (http://lightning36.blogspot.com/search?q=cruise) by winning at Caribbean Stud and donking it up in the NL Hold em game where the rake was 10% rake with a max of $15! I even won some money playing one of dem good machines on the cruise, defying all odds.

      Delete
    4. I remember that... I've always wanted to do the same, but I wind up running so terribly on these cruises.

      Delete
  4. going home 4 the holidays? heresy . go to JEAN and smash some button on those sweet machines LOL.

    ReplyDelete