DC

DC

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Bid'ness Trip

I just booked a return to Paradise.  I'll be flying out of DCA on Friday February 28th at 8:50 am, and taking the red-eye back Sunday night.  I've got 3 comped nights at Bally's Jubilee Tower.  The main purpose of the trip is to get some MLB season totals down (I'm assuming the books will offer them by March 1st).  Of course, I'll also be crushing some VP that weekend and racking up some sweet, sweet tier points.


As for date night . . . it went well (I mean, I'm Pete-F'n-Peters . . . how could it not?).  However, not sure where this will go.  My problems are laziness and time.  I usually work until relatively late in the evenings, and haven't really been "out" on a weeknight in years.  I lack the energy.  Seriously.  I'm old (not like "Lightning old" . . . but feeling old).   And, as for weekends . . . well, this weekend I'll be in Denver visiting my niece . . . the following weekend is AC and the OAR show at Revel . . .  So, right there, I'm three weeks from another get-together . . .  I mean, who would tolerate that?


Anyway, I'm not sweating it.  Whatever will be, it will, like, be . . .


Back to the grind . . .


-PPP

14 comments:

  1. You're undoubtedly a catch, PPP! The girl will wait 3 weeks for you. Here's my question: if the date went well, why not try it out again? See if she wants to go with you to OAR.

    Jim Norton is in town the following weekend - see if there's tickets still available. We're (wife & I) going to the early Friday night show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Norton is President's day weekend, right? Unfortunately, I'm scheduled to having my flooring put in that Saturday . . . Maybe I'll look into going down Saturday night/Sun . . . .

      Delete
    2. He's playing the DC Improv - ~$25 / ticket! It was an incredible deal.

      Delete
    3. I forgot about that show (thought you were talking about his Borgata shows). I'll have to check it out.

      Delete
    4. Not sure I'd take a date to see Norton, though.... that could end up, like, not good.

      Delete
    5. Point of the comment was - there's things to do in DC to truly test whether it'll work. If a girl can put up --- or even better, actually LIKE little Jimmy Norton, then she's a keeper.

      Delete
    6. Pete P. PetersJanuary 28, 2014 at 9:08 AM Maybe I'll look into going down Saturday night .

      Going down where PPP, lol?

      Delete
  2. enjoy some of that colorado kush,counselor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you have me rooting for whiskey dick, old man ... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I'm old (not like "Lightning old")..." #bahaha

      Delete
  4. also,counselor, u wonder u arent sure where this will go. dude, other than the christmas party .this is yr 1st date. go with the flow,bro.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOLLL, not like LIGHTNING OLD....you cracked me up.

    Stop wondering where it's going and just enjoy. I mean you're Peter Effing Peters for cripes sake.

    One question....is the bidness trip really to get started on being TBC's life coach? Come on! it's not like there's anything better going on in Vegas to occupy your time. :) Make some TBC videos!

    ReplyDelete