DC

DC

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Burned. Out.

Who would have thought celebrating the birth of our lord and savior would be so exhausting?
 
I've been back from AC for four days now, and I'm still tired.  I woke up yesterday and had planned to get my first session of the new year in at Maryland Live!  But I started doing some work around the house and, before I knew it, I had lost motivation to play.  I figured I'd just wait to hit AC next weekend (I had a room booked at Harrah's for Friday/Saturday).  Then, I went and bought a new 55-Inch LED for my living room.  I scheduled the delivery for next weekend, which was the soonest weekend date Best Buy had available.  So, I went and cancelled Harrah's.  I ended up booking three nights at Borgata this weekend instead.  However, when I got to work this morning, I just didn't feel like driving up to AC tomorrow night, so I cancelled that as well.  Lack of energy sucks...
 
I still plan on playing a session or two this weekend, either at MDL! or Charles Town, depending on how early I end up heading out.  But I also still have some stuff to do around the condo.  The kitchen is nearly done and, once it is, I'll have some painting to do.  I'm also getting ready to have wood floors installed.  I hope to have the entire renovation finished in two or three weeks.  While it's been a giant pain in the ass, when it's done, it should be nice -- a real inviting place for a hooker or two to spend a relaxing evening watching re-runs of Saved by the Bell and Who's the Boss around a roaring fire . . . 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. I bought a Thanksgiving evening WalMart 60" Vizio for $688 plus tax and manhandled the 75 pound box up three flights of stairs and have really been enjoying the football games as compared to the 32" HDTV the 60" replaced. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I currently have a 40 inch Sony in my living room and a 50 inch Panasonic Rear projection monstrosity in my bedroom upstairs. The 55 will replace the 40; and I'm gonna swap the 40 for the monster. Frankly, while a bigger TV will be nice, I really just wanted the haul-a-way service to remove the outdated hunk of shit I've been holding onto for 9 years....

      Delete
    2. i dont c anything about a stripper pole or heart shaped waterbed? WTF counselor. man up. 2 tired 4 poker. too bad best buy doesnt sell tampons

      Delete
    3. what is next? u r going to shave yr armpits hair and wax yr chest hair.

      Delete
    4. Dude, getting old sucks.... On the brightside, I assume hanging out with Lightning in vegas in a few weeks will make me feel young again. DOE!!!

      Delete
    5. lightning and vegas is the cure 4 old man disease. go downtown and get some deep fried oreos and twinkies. hopefully lightning can get u 2 STOP drinking miller lite too. lol. joking

      Delete
    6. Ha ha -- angerisagift's mancard slams had me rolling on the floor!

      Yeah -- getting those fried delicacies sounds like a lightning Las Vegas: cheap and bad for me. None of that cabernet for me, PPP, you aristocrat.

      And yes - the Miller Lite still cracks me up. Of course, my kid told me I was probably the only person in town to buy my PBR in bottles ...

      Delete
    7. the counselor knows i kid bcuz i care.

      Delete
  2. As hookers everywhere rejoice... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little motivation for you P Cube:

    Went to MD Live to play the Thursday tournament. Had an hour to burn before the tournament and was placed on a dream 1/2 table and cashed out for 303 in an hour.

    It was hard to leave the dream table to play a tournament (registered pre), where you know you need to grind for 5-6 hours and will be lucky enough to cash in 15th place for $147.

    Had like 10 minutes before the tournament and decided to go order lunch to go from the noodles place. Placed the order, lady said 10 minute wait for the food, the loyal gambler that I am, I download 20 comp bucks and got to work on a deuces machine. I was down to my last 12 bucks then this happens:

    Board: 22239, hold my deuces and was rewarded with another deuce and an 8 for 5 of a kind, for 1000 coins, $250. Not a bad way to multiply the cash value of the comps while waiting for my order.

    As I registered before, went and played a 134 field and got knocked out in 22nd for NADA!

    So, get off your LAZY ASS and go play them the machines!

    Oh BTW, Happy New Year 2014.

    May the big pots be with your and variance with your opponents this year!
    GolfPro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tell him, golfpro. cancel that manicure and tanning bed appointment and go play some poker. slam a couple of red bulls and hit those tables.

      Delete
    2. Love it!!!! Sooo skillful with dem deuces!

      I think I'm heading over tomorrow morning . . . I'll prolly grind $1/2 for 4 hours or so, then get tanked and monkey mash some VP whilst watching the NFL playoffs . . . .

      Delete
    3. my hero. that is the spirit.fuck old man time.

      Delete
  4. the girls on saved by the bell r super hot. so was the milf on whos the boss. just saying.also hookers isnt the right nomenclature .the new term is cum dumpsters

    ReplyDelete