DC

DC

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Desert Dreaming

Typically, my opportunities to get away are limited to long holiday weekends, and then a week or two of vacation in the summer.   The past few months have been a mental grind, since there really has not been a chance to plan any trips (err, aside from the week I took off for Borgata/Christmas, of course).  But the new year is upon us.  And, as always, I have a full calendar to play with.  This year, I've wasted no time . . .

Next Friday, the MLK Day weekend celebration kicks off in style with a 3 day trip to Vegas.  I'm taking off for the desert on an 8:35 am flight with my friend in the office next door (we'll call him Senior Colgate).  Not sure what excuse we'll be using for both being out Friday.  But, I believe flu season is upon us . . . We're staying at Bally's in one of the new jubilee rooms on a full comp, and intend to spend the long weekend betting NCAA hoops, NFL playoffs, grinding poker, and spewing chips at some -EV table games.  In addition, I'll be monkey mashing VP and slots every free chance I get.  Colgate has a wife and kid and hasn't been to Vegas in years, so I'm also looking forward to showing him around town and hitting up some of my favorite watering holes like the Public House at Crystals and the Pub at MGM (and, like, every other bar on the strip . . .).  In addition, as luck would have it, lightning will also be in town celebrating his 42nd birthday, and a nice little dinner is in the works.  If anyone else is in town that weekend and looking to have drinks or play some cards, let me know.

This morning, I also finished booking this summer's annual "Mets Trip" with my boys from Strong Island.  This year, as schedules (for them) are tough, they suggested visiting the bastion of assholes known as Citizens Bank Ballpark for the Mets-Phillies series the weekend after Memorial Day.  I've already been . . . several times.  It's delightful.  Really, it is.   I mean, Philadelphia and its residents are, generally, some of the finest people around.  Sure, they are often loud.  And annoying.  And sure, at the ballpark, you might get punched in the mouth because of the shirt you are wearing.  Or, your car tires may get slashed because of the State of your license plate.  And sure, people yell and curse at you at random as you walk around the concourse.  But, that happens everywhere, right?

Anywhoo . . .  I decided to take the opportunity to turn the trip into an extended degenerate holiday.  The Friday before Memorial Day, after work, I've hopping in the car and driving up to PHL.  I booked a room at the Sheraton next to the airport.  7:50 am Saturday morning, it's zooooooom to Vegas.  5 nights fully comped at The PH.  Wednesday night, I'll be on the 12:40 am redeye back to PHL.  Land at 8:10 am.  Hop in the car and make the 50 minute drive east on the AC Expressway to the Showboat for another three days of degeneracy in AC with the Strong Island Crew.  My buddy "Big Daddy" doesn't drink, and can drive the rest of us from AC to the ballpark for the games.  Simply delightful.  It should be a strong start to the Summer of 2014, a/k/a, "The Summer of Pete . . ."

Now, to figure out a plan for President's Day weekend . . .  I've got a 100,000 SPG points banked, and Westin just opened up a new resort in Punta Cana . . . decisions . . . decisions . . .


PS:  If anyone is interesting in signing up for Fanduel (fantasy sports), feel free to use my referral link below:


https://www.fanduel.com/?invitedby=dcseawolf&cnl=da
   




7 comments:

  1. just went platinum. LOL.dont forget clean socks,sir.GL on that philly trip too. wENT to a raider game there many moons ago. FUCK DOING THAT AGAIN LMAO. hopefully TBC is in vegas ,when u r there. he can sleep on yr floor. just remember to piss on the floor,so he thinks he is at vinces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. take the infinity on the road trip to philly. mayb some1 will steal it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do actually work sometimes, right? A couple of days a month? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fun in Vegas--you won't be the first. Wish I could join you guys but sadly, I am stuck in L.A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rob, as long as you are in L.A. ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a typo. It's LA, as in Louisiana, y'all.

      Delete
    2. in florida,that is what we call the panhandle area of florida. LA meaning lower alabama. miss florida sometimes but weed is still illegal. BOOOOO

      Delete