DC

DC

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Can't Resist the Mash

Friday afternoon, I got the itch.  Despite being swamped at work, I rationalized the fact that I could hit AC for a few days and still get my work done.  I mean, I'd just need to get up early Sunday morning, get home and spend the rest of the day working.  So, I booked a room and took off at 5:00 for Jersey.

I arrived around 9:30 and checked in at Harrah's.  I had reserved a comped room in the Waterfront Tower.  The woman at check-in ended up giving me a suite:

 
 
 
Pretty sure I didn't need 1,500 square feet; but whatever.  I won't complain.
 
 
As it's 2014, and my Harrah's tier points reset to zero, I figured it was time to start earning.  Indeed, as Harrah's says, "Earning is half the fun . . ."  I spent the weekend mashing like a monkey.  I racked up about $12,000 coin in Friday night, mainly playing the 100-hand VP machine at $10 a rip.  That was good for 1,200 sweet, sweet tier points, and triggered the bonus 1,000 points.  Saturday, I basically did the same thing.  As a result, I racked up approximately 4,300 points -- more than a quarter to Diamond . . . 
 
This was probably the hand of the weekend:



A flopped straight flush, good for $250.

I feel like I got the itch to mash out of my system.  Which is good, because I won't get the change to degen it up again until I hit Vegas at the end of the month.

And now, it's time to pay the price . . . . I'll be sober, working through the Super Bowl . . . and I'll be getting up at 4:30am tomorrow to get an early jump on work . . .

10 comments:

  1. Your a sick man P3, you and Tony should seek help immediately, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny -- when I was in Las Vegas in January I saw you but Tony wasn't there, then saw Tony but you had already "gone home." I am surely getting this Clark Kent/Superman vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lightning,

    You bring up a valid point. I was on the phone with Tony the other day and he said he was at a bus stop in Vegas, but the GPS signal locater indicated that the was in Atlantic City.

    If there is anyone that has ever seen both TBC and PPP at the same time, speak now or I am calling Mythbusters!

    Good luck,

    snevman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the last time -- I am NOT Tony. Although, admittedly, we share a few traits in common..... like our love for Jesus and affectionate hookers.

      Delete
  4. "Earning is half the fun..." Does Harrah's really say that? Goodness gracious... :) It's a shame that you had to miss such a wonderful game yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is an entire book that was written devoted to Harrah's loyalty program and it's strategies. I may or may not have it. It's and interesting read.

      Delete
  5. Pete, were you up or down overall during the "Mashing Madness" weekend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...with you sitting in the suite bathtub full of cash?

      Delete