DC

DC

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Rocky Mountain High

Shit be crazy since I got back from AC Sunday morning.  I spent Sunday drafting a brief for a case we have pending in state court in New Jersey.  Like, all day Sunday - straight through the super bowl (not like I missed much).  And I've been up between 4:30am and 5:30am each day this week working on the papers (like, 12 to 14 hours a day), which were just filed minutes ago.

I'm tired; but no rest for P3.  Tomorrow, I'm on a 7:45 am flight from Dulles to Denver for meetings with one of our biggest clients.  My brother and his family are in Arvada, Co., just outside Denver and, as it happens, my parents are out there visiting for a few weeks.  So, Friday afternoon, I'm heading over to spend the weekend. 

Of course, nothing lately comes without stress.  The news is predicting a big winter storm in DC this weekend.  And, when it hits is, apparently, a matter of debate.  So, I'll get to stress about getting back home Sunday afternoon (and, I NEED TO be back in D.C. Monday for meetings . . .).  Also, it's apparently like 10 degrees in Denver.  And I don't have a "big boy" coat.  Like, one to wear over a suit.  That should also make the trip fun.

On the bright side, this will be my first opportunity to blaze legal . . . so, there's that . . . 

8 comments:

  1. It was -10 this morning, and 0 all day today... I'm not looking forward to my trip either...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you heading out? I'm sitting at the bar at the Westin Dulles... Have dinner and a few beers. And, really (like really) hoping my flight is not out of DCA tomorrow!!! (Me secretary made the reservation, and I don't have the info on me.... Awesome)....

      Delete
  2. Lots of snow and wind in my neck of the woods today ... led to a day off work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lives in the northeast, yet doesn't have a big boy coat. But then again, you're always preoccupied with more important things than shopping... Good luck with the travel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. yep. take advantage counselor. enjoy

      Delete
    2. No i am not a pot head, i was 20 the last time i smoked a hooter.

      Delete