- I'm planning on cutting out of this work joint a bit on the early side this evening. I may or may not have some floor seats for Kings of Leon at the Verizon Center tonight . . . I may or may not pre-party a bit . . . and I may or may not, but definitely do, have a full-on suite booked at the W Hotel stumbling distance from the show. Tonight could get messy.
- Tomorrow night is steak and wine night with the boys out on the boondocks of Maryland. My contribution will be a couple of good bottles of Cabernet I've been saving for a few years. Should be a solid, low-key evening. If we're lucky, weather will be nice enough to grill outside...
- Next Friday, I'm feeling a respiratory illness coming on. I may or may not call out sick. Purely coincidentally, I have an 8:35 am flight booked that morning from DCA to Paradise, NV . . . three nights comped at Bally's Jubilee Tower . . . and a red-eye flight back from McCarran Sunday night. I plan on walking straight into the office Monday morning with a slight buzz and a pocketful of winning baseball futures . . . I'm tired already just thinking about it . . .
- I will also be sick April 25th . . . Because of a work trip to Denver a few weeks ago, I missed the OAR show at Revel (I bet Ray Rice wishes he had skipped his trip to Revel too). Then, earlier this week, I learned OAR will be playing three nights at the soon-to-open Brooklyn Bowl at the Linq, the last weekend in April. I was fully booked within an hour -- the 8:35 flight from DCA, three nights at Paris, and the red-eye back Sunday night. Beers, gambling, steaks, and live shows . . . sounds OK by me.
- Last month I booked a five day trip to the MGM over Memorial Day weekend. I'm really looking forward to this one. It will start with a drive Friday night to Philly . . . a 7:30 am flight from Philly to Vegas . . . 5 nights in Vegas . . . a Wednesday night redeye back to Philly . . . an immediate drive east on the Expressway to Atlantic City . . . and three nights of gambling during the day and trips to Citizens Bank at night for the Mets/Phillies series. Anyway, as if this doesn't sound debaucherous enough, yesterday, I found out that Guns and Roses (or, at least a fat Axl), will be playing the Joint at Hardrock the weekend of May 24th. Presale tickets were in hand within 10 minutes. This may not be the GNR / Metallica show from the Meadowlands I caught back in high school, but it should be interesting at the very least.
- And finally, what would summer be without a DMB tour? Tickets went on sale last week. Looks like I'll be heading out to Chicago over 4th of July weekend for two shows on the lake. I'll also be flying out to shows in Berkley in August at the Greek Theater. This will, however, be the first year in the last 7 or 8 that I will not see DMB here at Bristow. Instead, we'll be at National's Park for the Billy Joel show that night....
Aside from this, life is pretty boring at the moment . . .