DC

DC

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Tilting Away a Sunday

I drove out to Maryland Live! this morning, and immediately got seated at a new $1/2 table.  The action was insane from the first hand.  Within 30 minutes, three people had busted and re-bought.  I added a quick $200 to my stack when I turned a flush with my JT diamonds.  I called $10 pre flop after 5 callers and caught the flush draw when two diamonds hit the flop.  Dude lead for $15 (into $60) and got a caller.  I commit my chips.  Turn is the Queen of Diamonds giving me the third nuts.  After initial better checks, dude shoves his last $80.  I call.  The river blanks and dude sits there refusing to show.  Um. OK.  After a few seconds, I show my J-high flush and he mucks.  Whatever, dude.

A few hands later, Villain from the hand above opens to $5.  Um.  OK.  After three callers, action gets to me on the button. I look down at AK and raise to $28.  Action back to villain and he RE-RAISES to $98.  It folds to me.  Weird action.  I fold.

After two hours, I was still sitting on about $500 when this hand went down:

There people limp and action is on me.  I look down at A(s) 6(s).  I limp.  Crazy Asian to my left raises to $15.  Everyone calls, so I call.  Flop is a delightful 2(s) 4(s) 3(d).  I have a straight draw and a nut flush draw.   Dude leads for $35.  There's over $100 in the pot.  I call.  Crazy Asian calls.  The three of us see the turn, which is a red 5 giving me the straight and redraw to the nuts.  Dude shoves his last $60.  Crazy Asian has about $100 left.  I shove.  Crazy Asian snap calls.  River is the 6 of clubs.  Initial shover tables AJ off . . . I show the straight.  Crazy Asian slow rolls 67 for the rivered better straight.  Fuck you, sir.

The very next hand I look down at A7 spades.  I limp in and crazy asian raises to $15.  Again.  I call.  Along with one other guy.  Tilting a bit.  Flop comes down T high with two spades.  I decide to lead for $35.  Crazy Asian calls.  Turn blanks.  I lead again, this time for $55.  Crazy Asian calls.  I miss the river, and triple barrel for $85.  Crazy Asian thinks about it, but calls, and tables 99.   Crazy Asian had been raising EVERYTHING to $15.  Admittedly, I did not read him as that strong.  But, at the same time, I'm the idiot for even trying to barrel against a crazy Asian.

I sat another hour, and saw nothing playable.  Left down a bill or so.  So close to a good session . . . I mean, if the 6 doesn't fall on the river on that hand, I'm up $400+++ and, I don't triple barrel the following hand...  But, as it turns out, yet another losing session.

Down $650 at $1/2 on the young year . . . . Need to turn it around.    

8 comments:

  1. OUCH. how many glasses did u break, counselor? maniacs will either make yr day or give u a shit sandwich.get them next time,sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if the asian had 67, how did the 6 on the river help him any if he already had a 6 in his hand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. I think that was is his hand. Maybe he had me on the turn

      Delete
    2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

      Delete
  3. Sorry about those bad beats, PPP.

    The correct poker term for a "Crazy Asian" is Crasian, although I'm not sure how to spell it. I believe I first heard that word from my pal Prudence, who, of course, is Asian herself.

    Tony beat me to it....if you recalled that hand correctly, he turned the straight and sadly a better one than yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the bright side, I grinded on Seals a few hours last night and now doubled the account. I have 107 chips on Seals. Feeling more confident about my ability to beat the .05 / .10 game there. But I'l probably keep working my day job for the time being....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Feeling more confident about my ability to beat the .05 / .10 game there."

      Just another piece of evidence to add to the stack ...

      Delete
  5. Triple barreling a crasian is futile. 1. They won't fold 2. They will always slow roll. 3. After two barrels the third one is meaningless.

    This happened a month back:
    This crasian has been check raising and slow rolling all the time. I was just waiting for my turn. Raise with 6's and he calls. F:235, I bet, he calls, turn blank, I bet some more and he shoves for another 50, I call. River: 4, he slams his pocket 5's for a set. I show a lot of emotion on my face, he is almost getting ready to party, I slow roll my sixes, the reaction was priceless. My one and only slow-roll till date.

    By the way, I took the VP machine for $460 out of my 500. Had 4/5 hands drawing to nuts and missed them.

    GolfPro

    ReplyDelete