DC

DC

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

On The Rebound

So . . .  Last Wednesday, I got my G back . . . And, nearly two weeks after my spill on the trails, I can almost breath again without pain . . . and, despite some stress, my speech Saturday night went fine.  Things are looking up for P3 . . .

With respect to the speech, I probably put more effort into it than needed, and stressed over it more than I should have.  I finished a draft on Wednesday, and then spent a couple of hours over the next few days "massaging" parts of it.  I find that certain phrases sometimes sound good in your head, but prove difficult to speak out loud.  So, I did some practice runs and changed some wording around here and there.  By Friday night, I was fairly comfortable with it.  Then, Saturday morning, I questioned the entire tone of the thing.  While there were certainly some nice, heart-felt, sentiments involved, the first several minutes were basically a dry, sarcastic, roast, with some subtle homosexual innuendo mixed in.  I mean, if you Googled how to give a wedding toast, the outlines you'd find would look nothing like what I had prepared.  What's more, I knew that the humor would utterly bomb if not delivered with the correct pacing/timing, which, of course, would require that I not be nervous and rush through it.  So, there I was, several hours before the wedding, wondering what the fuck I had been thinking.  Ultimately, however, I stuck with it . . . limited myself to two drinks before hand (I figured if I bombed sober, people would just pity me . . . but if I bombed drunk, people would really hate me) . . . and delivered to goods.  It was actually a bit . . . like, almost . . . sort of . . . nearly . . . fun . . .  I was, however, glad to put it behind me. 

Now, I'm trying to get refocused in the office.  I've been unmotivated lately.  I've been a bit slow.  And, for whatever reason, I find it difficult to focus when I'm not slammed.  I need looming deadlines.  I prefer to be under a mountain of work, even forced to spend weekends in the office.  When I'm not, I just procrastinate.  It's a shitty feeling to be driving home after 11 hours in the office and to not have accomplished much . . . feeling like a fraud.  I need to turn my shit around.  Stat. 

So, in this vein, I cancelled my trip to Vegas that had been scheduled for this weekend.  I just don't want to miss work Friday.  You know, guys like me and TBC are all about the grind . . . Instead, I'm planning on spending Saturday/Sunday in Baltimore catching the O's / Royals series, enjoying the nice weather and an adult beverage or ten.  I may even stop by Maryland Live! Saturday morning on the drive up to grind some sweet, sweet "devils game" . . .  In the meantime, P3 has gotsta get his lawyering on . . . 

6 comments:

  1. C'mon now, I need my James Bond fix...

    ReplyDelete
  2. homosexual innuendo like" FILL THE MAN'S HOLE WITH MEAT",sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. first world/ white man problems here. LMAO. anymore blogs about the chick u met at the christmas party,counselor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any Tinder/snapchat/fat bridesmaids confessions for the married guys P3?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good point,sir. any drunk bridemaid hookups, counselor?

      Delete
  5. OH SHIT RAIDERS/JETS 2 open the season. heidi game 2014.

    ReplyDelete