DC

DC

Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Perks of Loyalty

I'm a loyal guy.  Like, really loyal.  At least when it comes to travel . . .

Years ago, I devoted my allegiance to Starwood Hotels . . . and to USAIRWAYS . . .  90% of my travel is with these two companies.  I always try to maintain a balance of 100,000 points with each.  Because, like, you never know when the mood is going to strike . . .

And, this morning, the mood struck for some fun in the sun.  The Ocean . . . afternoon baseball at beach-side dive bars . . . Corona Lights poolside . . .  One of my favorite ways to spend a day is in a pair of board shorts . . . nothing but a room key and credit card in my pocket . . . trolling the beach . . . jumping between the ocean and the beach bars . . .  Hard to beat.

So . . . this morning I checked the always fickle weather in South Florida . . .  mid-80's and sunny this weekend.  I checked out USAIR flights . . . round trip for 35,000 miles . . . I pulled up my SPG account . . . three nights on the beach for 30,000 points.  5 minutes later I was fully booked.  Total free roll . . . 

It ain't Vegas . . . but it won't be bad . . .

11 comments:

  1. I HATE U. .LMAO .joking obvious. LOL.what happen to getting yr lawyering on. typical lawyer. LIES LIES .lol. have fun BUT put a shirt,sir. no 1 wants to c that and xpand yr horizon and drank some rolling rock or even a corona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm still working tomorrow . . . leaving after work.... so not really missing any time

      Delete
  2. if florida EVER legalizes the weed. i would move back to florida. liberal gun laws. no state income tax. more pokerrooms. the beach. no state emission check 4 cars. now if only do somethnig about the hurricanes,sink holes,and neo cons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've played the FLL-area poker rooms before (Madri-gra . . . Gulfstream . . .). Both seemed like miserable places. To the point where I have no desire whatsoever to even play when I'm down there.

      Delete
    2. try daytona if ever up there. i know u r mostly south fl. also, melbourne CLUB 52 is nice but sometimes feast or famine bcuz smaller town

      Delete
  3. Hmmm ... loves poker and gambling ... always on the go -- can't seem to stay put ... sometimes I wonder ...

    PPP ... TBC ... hmmm ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I was actually booked for 3 nights in AC this weekend and cancelled to hit the beach. I think that should be dispositive of your theory

      Delete
    2. AC doesnt have a beach,counselor? check that map ,sir

      Delete
    3. @lightning but the key flaw to yr theory is the counselor hates the MCDs.

      Delete
  4. i see on twitter that the PRO-TARD Is down to 3700 in the sockroll.

    ReplyDelete