DC

DC

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Live From Harrah's

It's Sunday, and I decided to stay another day in AC and make the degenerate's commute back to D.C. in the morning.  Harrah's crushed me Friday night and all day Saturday. No sweet, sweet machines were to be had.   By mid-afternoon yesterday, I was down about a grand, and didn't even feel like playing anymore.  The video poker was just a constant and consistent suck.  So, I cabbed over to Ceasars to grab an early dinner at Morton's, with the plan of finally playing the 7:00 pm guarantee over at Bally's WSOP Room.  However, when I got to Bally's, they were announcing that the guarantee was cancelled. Um.  Seriously?  Someone needs to explain the concept of a "guarantee" to the fine folks at Caesars!  So much for Bally's plan of developing a major room on the boardwalk to compete with Borgata.  Seems like an epic fail....

So I ended up walking down the boardwalk to Showboat to waste a few hours playing the $65 buy-in.    I was already pretty drunk, and had no plans of actually playing good poker.  However, 8 hours and many beers later, there I was, at the final table with by far the biggest stack, chopping for around $2,000 . . .

I'm still not really sure how it happened.  Frankly, I don't remember too much of it.  I do recall waking up with aces a couple of times in big spots near the end. That sort of helps.  I don't even recall the bubble.  By then, I had such a big stack I couldn't have cared less about it.  I spent most of the final table knocking down my chip stack, and restacking . . . and trying to find room on the table for my delicious beverage.   I was pretty much a mess.  I can't imagine what the rest of the final table was thinking.  My performance was surely all luck.   But I'll take it.

And now, back to monkey mashing some sweet, sweet machines!

LET'S GO RANGERS!

-P3

13 comments:

  1. Great commentary on the 'guarantee' and the apparent 'epic fail' - you should forward that opinion to them - AWESOME... As for the tourney, WOW... Congratulations Pete! Reminds me of a story I may pass along in my blog now. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congrats on the big score. I don't really understand how you could get $2K on a $65 buy in. How many runners did they have?

    That sucks about them withdrawing the guarantee. You're right, they're unclear on the concept. I suppose if they had excuse (bad weather, public transportation fail) it would be ok. Otherwise, it's inexcusable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably somewhere around 175 or so. They get lots of rebuys because of the structure...

      Delete
  3. if only P3 knew an attorney that could make these ppl at bally's pay 4 lying to the public about this guaranteed tourney.also, i like yr poker tourney strategy get drunk and blackout. SWEET.

    ReplyDelete
  4. snow today and tomorrow .SWEET.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teach TBC how to play dem good machines while drunk and you might have something there, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P Cube,

    Looks like you found the winning formula for tournaments:

    Get Drunk and Get Aces!

    GolfPro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. I'm confident I can consistently do my part of that winning formula . . . but I'm not sure the dealers can be trusted to keep dishing rockets . . .

      Delete
  7. thx 4 the referrals P3 on draftstreet,counselor.tickle down economics. SWEET.also, if u like them on face book there is a FREE fantasy baseball this friday. ALSO, if any of the rest of u ,peeps. like the fantasy sports. DRAFTSTREET. and enter angerisagift, so i can get those pennies ,beoytches MAKE IT RAIN. also P3 just curious about yr username. navy? tom clancy fan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. I actually stopped playing bases on there. These daily leagues are all just complete luck. If they were weekly, at least the variance would even out over the course of 7 days and skill would be rewarded a bit . . . I'll wait for football.

      As for the name . . . it's a combination of the mascot of my old school and my location. No Navy in my past . . . .

      Delete
    2. it is weird bcuz at the bottom of the home page ,it says that they have weekly league. idk. i just play there FREE friday baseball league. i am little better at football.

      Delete
    3. I email the admin. They claimed thee is "not enough interest" in weekly leagues. Total bullshit. It's all about raking the daily leagues . . . Whatever . . . I'm over it. But it does seem like BS to advertise weekly leagues and have none. Ever.

      Delete

  8. Excellent blog you’ve got here.It’s difficult to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!! Please check out my site.
    Daily Fantasy Sports Strategy

    ReplyDelete