DC

DC

Saturday, May 3, 2014

This is Not the America I Want to Live In!

At the Airport, waiting at the gate for an 8:08 flight to Denver.  A group of about 30 Mexican students are also, apparently, on the flight.  Their chaperone comes around taking orders for a pre-flight food run.  "Who wants a breakfast burrito?"  What a crazy week this has been.  Racism and prejudice are clearly still alive and well in America . . .


Which reminds me of this classic scene from Dunder Mifflin:

Michael Scott:  "Oscar, why don't you start?

Oscar Martinez:   "Okay, Michael, um... Both my parents were born in Mexico."
Michael: "Oh, yeah..."
Oscar:   "And, uh, they moved to the United Sates a year before I was born. So I grew up in the United States."
Michael:  "Wow."
Oscar:   "My parents were Mexican."
Michael:  "Wow. That is... That is a great story. That's the American Dream right there, right?"  
Oscar:   "Thanks... Yeah..."
Michael:  "Um, let me ask you, is there a term besides Mexican that you prefer? Something less offensive?"

-Hope everyone has a great weekend.

-P3

2 comments:

  1. oh how the mighty have fallen. 1 day owning the Clippers and banging a hot mexican/black piece of ass then a chaperone to mexican "students" how do u know ,theywere students?

    ReplyDelete
  2. try not to get a contact buzz at the game,counselor

    ReplyDelete