DC

DC

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thursday Morning Quickie

Work has been jumping the past few weeks, which, while stressful, feels good for a change.

Monday, we settled the case I went down to Miami for last week.  It was a fairly decent settlement in my mind.  The client thought the case was a dog.  I disagreed.  I thought we had a really strong claim . . . like $80% or so . . .  Our potential, top dollar, Giancarlo Stanton monster home run, post-trial result would have been $11 million . . . plus attorneys' fees, plus pre-judgment interest (which would have been a 7-figure number in this case).  I thought we could have settled for $6.5.  But the folks from London played some hard ball.  Ultimately, we ended up at $5.8 (pre-lawsuit).  Oh, and we took the case on a full contingency, which, like, makes it somewhat sweeter.  And we still have the chance to tag an excess insurer for another $5 on the claim . . . .  Incentive is a sweet elixir . . .

Now I'm working with some brokers out of Chicago to place a $50 million tower of D&O / E&O insurance for a private equity client of ours out west.  And I'm sort of losing my mind on it.  The client has the most complex corporate structure I've ever dealt with  -- a series of like 20 related partnerships and LLC's.  It's difficult enough to figure out what each of the entities does, and what potential risks each has, let alone trying to figure out whether the policies being offered (which are crazy complex in their own right) would cover those potential risks.  Every once in a while, a project comes up were I just don't feel smart enough to figure it out.  This is one of them.  Unfortunately, "I'm too dumb to deal with this" doesn't fly . . . So, I'm looking at another day of spinning my wheels  . . . (as soon as I stop procrastinating by writing this post, of course . . .).

On the bright side, in a mere 8 days, I'll be on vacation.  Next Friday night, I'm driving up to Philly.  Saturday morning, I have a 7:00 am flight from PHL to LAS for 5 days at the MGM Grand.  I have G-n-R tickets at the Hardrock Sunday night, which should be interesting!  Then, Wednesday night, I'm taking the redeye back east, and spending Thursday through Sunday with the Long Island crew in Atlantic City.  We have Mets-Silly's tickets Friday and Saturday, and will be making the drive out the AC Expressway for the games both days.  Should be a cool 8 days of debauchery.  I'm currently resting my liver in anticipation.

Well, back to the grind . . .

-PPP        


23 comments:

  1. the over/under is 3 on songs played b4 axl rose says FUCK YOU and walks off the stage.the best show , i saw GNR play was MONSTERS OF ROCK in TAMPA. 1989ish metallica,motley crue,poison,scorpion,kingdom come, and europe( eeeeeeeek).if u want email this so-called complex problem. i just got done watching the movie"micheal clayton" and "the firm". also, i stayed at a holiday day express last night.i am on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Show starts at mid-night. WTF? I'm too old for that. Even in Vegas!

      Delete
    2. LOL. redbull and no-doz pills rinse repeat.or red bull and ripped fuel( the older kind. lol) if it is midnite the over/under is 1 . i dont think he will b sober enough to finish "welcome to the jungle" eeeeeeeeeeeek

      Delete
  2. also, little disappointed. i was hoping a blog about that milf . u banged at the christmas party. first, rob has a JACK BAUER bromance , TBC has fucked in the azz in his title,and P3 feeded meat into dude's man holes. well. i know what to get u guys 4 christmas. jason collins or michael sam jerseys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never banged a dude . . . but . . . if David Wright wants to come over after Saturday's game in D.C. . . . .

      Delete
    2. SURE u havent,counselor. LOL. tranny? just kidding.is oral sex ,banging? LMAO.i hate sports. time to start betting horse

      Delete
  3. I love the John Grisham-esque flourish, though to be honest, the blog post title had me anticipating something a little more salacious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly,what he said.hook a brother up with some outdate/waste bourbon chicken,sir

      Delete
  4. Can't believe it's only 2 1/2 months til I'll able to meet up with James Bond on one of his rare vacations... :D Good luck!

    P.S. Always play tourneys drunk...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice. I'll be back for another 5 days over Labor day . . . hopefully you'll be crushing Vegas by then!

      Delete
    2. james bond drinks miller lite.

      Delete
  5. Hey, Triple P....on my blog you asked if I would be in town on 8/24. Was that a typo, did you mean 5/25. I will be in town then for sure. Look me up.

    Oh wait...if we meet up, anger will assume there's something funny going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. just b careful if P3 has a fistful of deli meat,sir.

      Delete
    2. Yep . . . my bad. I'll be there starting May 24th . . . and I'll be staying at your stomping grounds. You'll know it's me because I'll be the guy surrounded by a flock of young, half-naked girls at the pool . . . or, perhaps because I'll be sitting alone in front of a hundred hand VP machine . . . or, perhaps because we've already met . . .

      Delete
    3. Cool, any half-naked girls will definitely get my attention.

      COMPLETELY naked girls even more so.

      Shoot me a text when you're available. Be interested in to see if you like Tap as much as the 1842 place. It's convenient, right next to the poker room. I used to think it was cheaper than 1842, but last time I was there they had jacked up the price of the burger FOUR bucks. I figure they will have jacked it up at least another five bucks by the time I get back there.

      Delete
    4. so what was the price of the burger,sir? x means original price of burger. y is final price. X + 4=Y. if they havent jacked it another 5 bucks. also,the perhaps bcuz we've already met,counselor. plz,sir. rob isnt David Wright.but he is mr. Right Now. LMAO.have a great weekend,bitches.

      Delete
    5. It was $13 when they opened in spring, which was pretty good for the Vegas Strip--and that included fries or onion rings.. Last time they had jacked it up to $17. I'm thinking it will be at least $25, maybe $30 by the time PPP gets there.

      Not that matters. I don't think PPP eats burgers--or anything else. I think he's on the liquid diet.....alcohol only.

      Delete
    6. REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $17 BUCKS.DAMMMMMMMMMMM.that is my whole MCDs/TacoBell bankroll for a week,sir.NAH,P3 eats burgers BUT like KOBE feed range beef with organic no child labor used lettuce and tomatos with no MSG/flourocarbon buns from some like New Zealand BUT then washes it down with 3rd rate american Miller Lite. WTF.

      Delete
    7. ooooooooooooops. typo. some place like new zealand.

      Delete
  6. ok ok P3 120 BUCKS to pull the PROTARD's tooth and Panera Bread. r they healthy enuff,counselor? final offer but 4 that price i take the oxys crush them and mix with baby formula,sir.FINAL OFFER johnny cochran

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is scary...I will be in Vegas at the same time as PPP and Rob. Never met either, but was looking forward to a nice vegas break and all hell is going to be happening....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i will pray to the baby jesus 4 u,sir.

      Delete