DC

DC

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Labor Day in the Desert

It's been May (Memorial Day) since I've stepped foot in Paradise, NV.  I'm ready for my return.  And this morning, I finalized plans for my August trip: 


I'll be flying out to San Francisco August 23rd (Saturday) to spend a few days with friends, drink some good wine in Napa, and catch a few DMB shows at the Greek Theater in Berkley, CA. 


Then, Tuesday afternoon . . . . zooooooom . . . . Vegas.


I'll be landing early Tuesday afternoon, and spending the night at The Cromwell.  I walked through Caesar's latest joint during my last visit and liked the vibe, but I'm looking forward to spending a full evening mashing buttons and drinking beverages this time around to really get a feel for the place.   


Wednesday, I'll be heading South to the MGM Grand for five days.  Pools . . . more beverages . . . more mashing . . . perhaps some poker . . . and . . . . NCAA Football !!!   Labor Day is one of my favorite weekends to be in Vegas.  Already looking forward to it.


P3



13 comments:

  1. Poker, football??? Count me in... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm counting on it! I assume you will be one of Vegas' newest residents by then?

      Delete
  2. take the raiders plus the points

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as the Raiders resemble a college team, I'm pretty sure the NCAA ain't actually gonna let them play that opening weekend . . .

      Delete
    2. AHHHHHHH SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Yes, rent a car and head to Reno. I hear the games are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The drive to Reno from Vegas is one of the worst drives I've experienced....and I did it several times. I wouldn't suggest it to my worst enemy.

      But if the games are good...maybe.

      Delete
  4. Hey Pete, I will in all likelihood be in Vegas for that weekend. Look me up and maybe I can tear you away from dem good machines for some grub or some poker (the real kind) or both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. Just look for me in front of the Ms. Kitty machine!

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your time in Vegas P3. Try and leave some buildings standing for me as I won't be there till November

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sir. I promise not to break a thing

      Delete
  6. just got done watching the movie SKYFALL . how does James Bond not have a STD??? and y does he still use a Walther PPK as his primary sidearm???

    ReplyDelete