DC

DC

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Vegas Day 3 - The Devil Becomes and Angel

Day three began, as usual, with coffee and mashing.  A couple of minutes in I was dealt 2228 on the hundred hander.  Nice.  Then, shortly thereafter, this hit:


Nice start to the day.

After 2 hours at the pool, it was time to mash some more.  Around 1:00, I decided to hit up Whiskey Down.  Note to self - do not START the day off with Cabernet.  Especially without eating first.  Things can get dicey . . .

Anyhow  . . . I figured I'd have just one comped glass of Cab.  I slipped a crisp $100 into the machine and started playing the 10-hander.  Then this hit:


I switched over to single DDB, and this hit:


$100 was $400 and I ordered another Cab.  The machine did not slow down.  Every time I needed a card for a full house or a flush, I got it.  Easy game. Then this hit:


Just shy of $500.  I figured I'd play the game down to an even $400 and walk away.  But it stayed hot. One more glass of comped Cab.  And then this hit:


$100 was $950 in just over an hour.  Nothing like a solid VP heater!

Afterward, I was looking for some bases action, but no games stood out.  Still, I needed something.  So, I parlayed the Royals and Giants for $100.  After a solid 9th inning comeback by KC, the giants made it look easy. Cash.

I also played 3 hours or so of unremarkable poker.  And I was buzzing pretty hard during the session. Still, I managed to book a $45 profit.

Finally, it was off to the Excal to hit up my favorite $10 3/2 black jack table.  And, for the second night in a row, I managed to get up a decent amount, only to have the dealer pull some magic out of his ass when I had a bunch of money on the table, and walked away dead even.

Solid end to day three.  $700 in the black rolling into day four ...

16 comments:

  1. so u didnt call vince???LMAO or get any fried oreos/twinkies either??? y even go to vegas,counselor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, before you leave town you have to teach me how to hit quads and boats on the Video Poker machines. I'm beginning to think I should play those instead of live poker, which is getting to be a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My evening was more of the same last night. Get up $100 . . . lose a few hands . . . get back up . . . lose some hands. A hole lot of sitting around for vey little to show for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a lot of sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeitty kickers with those Quads. i see. a whole lot of sitting around but very little to show for it??? like the U.S. Congress. r u getting into politics?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that table well in the Excal. Also one of my favourites. If you are there on dayshift, say hello to Carrie the waitress. Best old school waitress in town. Also Sandy is the best BJ dealer there, but is usually stuck on 8-4.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I'm going over to Hakkasan for dinner tonight. I'm thinking around 7 or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what kind of cabernet do they serve?? u know how P3 is. wine snob. picky.picky.

      Delete
    2. Alysia........Pete, Coach and I will be playing at the MGM poker room this evening, around 8PM or so. Stop by and say hi. Join us, even.

      Delete
    3. http://hakkasan.com/blog/hakkasans-wine-program/

      Delete
    4. "JOIn us, even" WTF Rob!!! she is a lady,sir. u r a freak

      Delete
  7. Post the table # and I will look for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Table 10. PPP seat 3. I'm seat 6. Coach whereabouts unknown.

      Delete
    2. Coach in seat 5. We're all at the same table.

      Delete
  8. vince will look for u at the mgm after he picks me up at the airport, im currently on the plane

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for sharing
    Đón xem live score trực tuyến mới nhất

    ReplyDelete