DC

DC

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Reality Behind the Perception

It's 1:30 pm Thursday afternoon.  Since Monday, I've been getting in to the office at 6:30am and leaving around 7:30pm. 

Tomorrow night, I have a friend coming in to town from Boston for the Red Sox series at The Yard.  Staying with me, which implicates certain hosting/entertainment obligations.  According to rumor and texts, he took off this morning for a leisurely, two-day, drive South, scheduled arrival tomorrow afternoon.  For my part, tomorrow morning I'll be getting up at 4:00 am to catch an early train to New York City for a 10:00 am meeting with a private equity client.  Then heading back to D.C. mid-afternoon.  I'm sure I'll be ready for an evening of debauchery when I get back home sometime late evening [this is sarcasm].  

And, to top it off, we had a pre-mediation call with a mediator this morning, who requested the parties up the previously agreed upon briefing schedule, due to some sort of approaching Jewish holiday.  As a result, I now find myself with a deadline of next Friday for a brief I have yet to begin, a draft of which will be due to the client by Wednesday.  When this brief will get drafted is, at the moment, a mystery. 

I'd love nothing more than to spend this weekend working.  Seriously . . . .  However, this looks to be an impossibility at the moment.  Unless I just decide to be a really, really (like, really) bad host.  In the words of Lightning, "FML" . . .

23 comments:

  1. what is your address?? so i can send u box of tissues. and u think u have problems. the Taco Bell on 10th street ran out of both Baja Blasts today ,when i was getting my brunch and my local dispensary ran out of sour diesel too. plus, i have lost .50 so far on Draftkings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been crushing Fanduel . . . 3-0 on college and 5-2 on NFL last weekend (even with AP locked in for 3 leagues . . .). Feeling less bueno about this week. Going to limit it to 2 NCAA and 3 NFL . . .

      Delete
    2. SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep it going,counselor

      Delete
    3. yeah i had c.j spiller and mark ingram at RBs THEN AS FLEX moreno FML then Desean Jackson FUCK. AT least the FANTASY GODS could of spit on it b4 hand.

      Delete
  2. I thought work had been too good to you lately.

    Just when I thought I might get some respite, another situation that will likely piss me off has come to my attention. Maybe I'll just blow a wad of money on Baja Blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. u said WAD LOL. Baja Blast is sooooooooooo delicious

      Delete
    2. Just a bad week or two, compounded by my hosting obligations. If I had my weekend free, I'd have no real issues . . .

      Delete
    3. @ lightning if u go to taco bell btw 2-5 the medium is only a dollar. @P3 that is y u need a personal asst a michael clayton type like myself.

      Delete
  3. Oh, so now you get to ride on a TRAIN??!! All the luck...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah; awesome right. And, if I sit on the right hand side of the car, I'll even be able to see the sun rise somewhere over Delaware. Ugh

      Delete
    2. P.S. My roll is big enough now that I think I may upgrade to a sleeper car.

      Delete
    3. ill NEVER go on a 48 hour or longer train ride without paying double for a sleeper car. i hate having to be around people, especially if im sleeping i want my privacy. and i won $20 on bovada just now while reading ur blog.

      Delete
    4. LOL from sleeping in the bushes TO NEVER sleeping on a train with a sleeper car. LOL. #fuckingdelusional

      Delete
    5. ooooooooooooops without typos LOL

      Delete
  4. Where's that gosh darn cloning machine when you need one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now there's a shock, TBC hates being around people. Nearly fell out of my chair. Sounds like a tough life counselor but I have every confidence in your ability to whip up a brief while monkey mashing some VP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't understand him. He keeps inviting people to come play with him yet he hates being around people. He's an approval seeker yet doesn't listen to good advice; and what the Sam heck is in Evansville that has him practically creaming in his jeans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. new walmart,mayb?? #enjoythetrainwreck

      Delete
    2. It's not Walmart, it's walmarts.

      Delete
    3. also @AC u dont know Evansville is the NEW hotbed 4 poker. i hear ed miller/phil laak r buying summer homes there bcuz of all the action.pissing the local off bcuz driving up real estate prices

      Delete
    4. AC - surely I could have done without waking up to that last visual. Happy Sunday, ma'am (or sir, which ever the case may TRULY be)

      Delete
    5. whewwwwww the mystery continues.

      Delete