DC

DC

Friday, October 10, 2014

#birdland

  • Our firm moved offices last weekend.  The new space is nice.  However, the gym in the building is atrocious.  It's sometimes hard enough to motivate to run or lift without having to do so in a depressing space.  Solution - join a gym.  After scoping out some options, I decided on the gym at The Fairmont Hotel.  It's, um . . . plush.  Indoor saltwater lap pool . . . new, modern equipment . . . duel shower heads in the showers (including a rain-shower) . . . and paleo menu available from Juniper (the restaurant at the Fairmont).  You walk-in, tell them you'd like the salmon with cauliflower at 2:00; and when you are done with the workout, it's waiting for you.  Best part, the place is usually nearly empty mid-afternoon when I go.  It makes it a pleasure getting my swell on . . .  I just hope I don't get too big (sarcasm  alert). 




  • I ran into Mohammad El-Erian on the street this morning.  In person, he looks like Baba Booey with a bad case of The HIV.  If I saw him walking down the street and was told he was either (a) one of the greatest financial minds of our time; or (b) an insane homeless dude in a donated suit from Goodwill, I'd prolly vote the latter.




  • Earlier in the week, I pulled tickets for Game 2 of the ALCS tomorrow afternoon at 4:00.  Then, this morning, I figured, why hit up Game 2 when you can hit up Games 1 and 2?  Stubhub is my friend.  I intentionally chose seats in the upper, upper (like, upper) deck for tonight because of the 100% chance of rain.  I want to be under the overhang so that my beer does not get wet.  (I mean, when you are drinking Miller Lite, you need protect the deliciousness from any and all potential impurities, including rain water).  If all goes well, Games 1 and 2 will go off on schedule, and I'll be able to catch Sunday NFL.  Worst case, I spend Sunday at the Yard.  Either way, for the first time in several weeks, I'll have a weekend free of work-related nuisance.  

LET'S GO O's!  

6 comments:

  1. too much rain makes Miller Lite . lighter like colored water

    ReplyDelete
  2. y is it depressing???? no pics of David Wright???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang - that was a quick rebound from Mr. Selfdoubt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think P3 saw that the JETS won last night and thought they beat the Broncos BUT it was Winnipeg JETS

      Delete
  4. "bad case of HIV" as oppose to a good case,counselor??? WOW What a game looked like the Royals were just going to roll then tied .extra innings too.u got yr moneys worth,counselor. ooohh i FORGOT TO USE CAPS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for typing in "sarcasm alert" - I would have totally bought it...

    ReplyDelete