DC

DC

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Unlucky Horseshoe

Friday night was a debacle at The Shoe.  I got there early - around 5:00, and began with some sweet, sweet VP.  I quickly hit the old, runner, runner . . . runner Aces . . .


I added to my profit by getting to the bonus round in the Hangover slot machine and, before dinner, found myself up $250.

After dinner at Binions, things quickly deteriorated.  I bought in to the $1/3 game for $300.  Over the course of 2 hours, I showed down 6 hands.  I lost 5 of them . . . each, by one card!  Yes, the first hand played, I raised 99 to $15 and got 4 callers.  The flop was 4 T 6 . . .  It folded to me in position and I bet $45.  One guy called.  We checked the turn.  River was a Q.  We both checked it down.  He showed KT for the win.  

Second hand, I again raise from position with JJ and get one caller.  Flop comes out ace high.  He checks, and I check.  He checks the blank turn, and I bet.  He calls.    He checks the river, and I check.  Villain says, "I don;t have the ace . . ."  Phhhewwww.  Cool.  I show down my jacks.  He tables QQ.  Huh?  He limp-called his queens?  OK.  0-2.

Rebuy for another $100 . . .

I proceed to lose TT to AJ on a J high board . . . 88 to 99 . . . and QJ to KK on a queen high board.

I grabbed my remaining $200 and walk in frustration . . .

To the black jack table, with haste!

I throw down my remaining chips along with 3 additional crisp hundreds . . .  In for $500 at a $25 table . . .  The dealer starts the shoe hot, and I'm quickly down $200.  I consider just calling it a night.  I don't.  I stick around for more.   Hand shuffle, second shoe of the night . . .  And then things really get ugly . . .

During the course of the next 15 hands or so, I'm dealt 11 three times.  I double each.  I pull aces on all three hands . . .  my 12's lose . . .

I pull a T on a dealer 9.  I double.  An ace?  No.  The streak ends.  An 8.  Dealer pulls the standard face for 19.

Shortly thereafter down to my last $130 or so . . .  I have $35 on the table and I'm dealt A 5 against a dealer 5.  I double ($70 on the hand) and pull a 4.  THANK YOU!  FINALLY!  Dealer pulls a 7 . . . followed by a 9 . . . 21.   GO. FUCK. YOURSELF!   I pick up my few remaining chips, and my night comes to an infuriating close . . . 

17 comments:

  1. Wow......that's some really bad luck. Sorry, man.

    Maybe you should give up being a professional gambler and go back to law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. poker can be a cruel bitch sometimes. Both those hands look standard and well played though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better luck next time, by time I mean try powerball...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dont c 2 forms of I.D. in the VP pic,soooooo stop taking pics of random vp MACHINES, counselor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As MOJO said OUCH! Just remember your VP wins on them the good machines.

    A digression, with a table full maniacs I decided to flat the pre flop bet with A's, as you might guess this won't end in a nice way for us, 2 callers for $12, I flat, LP raises to 40, 2 callers, I raise to 285 (w 200 behind), LP goes AI, 2 folds. I say I got A's I call, he says OUCH and turns over K's. K on the flop and it was my turn to say OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. That's just bad luck. At least you know your play (the flat) had nothing to do with the result . . .

      Delete
  6. If you can squeeze a Friday AM, try the Survivor at the Shoe. $240 BI and top 10% get 2K. Also, I heard they started nightly event for $80. I tried their bounty and 5K GTD events. They had only 38 people for the 5K, survived till FT, paying 5, was knocked out in 8th when our shove with Q's didn't hold versus AQh. The dealer was in a generous mood for love and flopped him three on the flop.

    GolfPro

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW Live is letting me convert my comps to slot cash, it is at 2:1 thou, so a session of DDB or DW is in the near future. May be I should touch your golden arm before trying the machine.

    GolfPro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll ship you a copy of my book . . .

      By the way, Caesars lets you convert as well. For Diamonds, I believe the rate is a little better than 3/1. A few years ago, I had about $900 in comps built up. One night, I ran particularly bad with the gaming, but exceptionally well with the drinking. In my drunken haze, I converted my comps to slot dolla's and continued the debauchery . . . A poor choice to say the least.

      Now, at the Shoe, the restaurants are all 1:1 (even Binions) so those dollars have even more value. I've built the account back up again. The plan this time is to drink for free all of 2015 . . .

      Delete
    2. fail to plan . plan to fail. but not the counselor. he got a plan. happy 2015 LOL.

      Delete
  8. 200 comps converted to 100 cash, 60 went into DDB and 40 went into DW. I cashed out an even 100.

    No big hands like P Cube!

    GolfPro

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you crashed into a deer afterward, this could totally be one of my posts...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing ruins a fun poker game like poor etiquette. Check out these unwritten rules to show good manners at the poker table. Just follow the website and get your queries. Hope you will be won! poker

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unlucky... If we could win anytime we want, it'd be a dream lol

    ReplyDelete