DC

DC

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Crunch Time

Week 16.  The NFL Season is drawing to a close.   I stopped making the drive to the Meadowlands after the Pittsburgh game a month or so ago.   I've become so detached that I even lacked the effort to try and sell my tickets on EBAY the past two games.  I'm actively rooting against the Jets, hoping for a good draft pick . . . Jet Up!

And yet, I've ben loving NFL Sundays.  Thank you gambling!

This is another big weekend for PPP.  As I previously wrote, I placed $2,000 in NFL Futures at Bellagio in August.  Tampa OVER 7 . . . Colts OVER 9.5 . . . Pittsburgh OVER 9 . . . Philly OVER 9.5.  (Before you say anything, as I've explained before, I don't play unders out of principle . . . If I did, I would have been big on the JETS and SKINS under 7.5 . . .).   Tampa was dead out of the gate, but I've been sweating the remaining 3 all season.  The Colts cashed last week, and Philly and Pitt need to win 1 out of 2 the next two weeks to bring it home (of course, Pitt should already be across the goal line, except the Jets had to fuck me, as usual, by winning that game at home).

In addition, I'm in the finals of my fantasy league -- a 12 team, $100 buy-in, winner-take-all . . .  $1,100 on the line this weekend.  I generally suck at Fantasy Football.  This year, my team finished the regular season 7-5, but has been hot the past two weeks when it counts.  Here's the line-up I'm rolling with this weekend:

QB:  Pepe Sanchez (mid-season replacement for Foles)
RB:  Eddie Lacy
RB2: Leveon Bell
WR1: De Sean Jackson
WR2: Julian Edelman
WR3: Kevin Benjamin
TE: D. Allen
Flx: Jeremy Hill
K: M. Crosby
D: Rams (vs. G-Men)

Let's do this!

10 comments:

  1. Good luck! I wisely took many unders on my NFL Futures bets. Jets, Redskins, Falcons, and Titans all cashed for me. I tried a few small wagers on exact win #'s, most of which failed, but I still have Philly exactly 9 and KC exactly 8 as possibilities. Also, if Houston loses their last 2 I would win the under on them as well. Fantasy football sucked for me this year....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still hate that you don't take unders. Congrats on wins though. Can you post your opponent's lineup too for the fantasy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edelman is out, concussion. So make sure you replace him with a breathing human.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Through Mike Wallace in there. Unfortunately, guy I'm against had Gore in his Flex and Gates at TE. Put up 54 points already out of those two. Unreal. Speaking of breathing human beings, Frank Gore NOW decides to act like one?

      Delete
  4. Mike Wallace! He's on fire, 2 TDs already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Down 115.8 to 108.7 heading into the Monday night game. Villain is done. I have Jeremy Hill left. Should be interesting . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Depending on your scoring, it should be VERY interesting. As a coincidence, in my money league, I have 90, and my opp has 83. I'm finished and she also has Hill. I think I'll send the hit man to break his legs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at least one of us will be getting paid! Good health, sir!

      Delete