DC

DC

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Friday Night Thrashing

I logged six hours Friday night at the Horseshoe.  I got in to the game for $600.  I left with zero.   My stack was $404 when I played K9 and flopped trips.  There were two hearts on the board.  Guy bet $45.  I raised to $185.  He shoved.  I snapped.    River was a heart.  Done.  This puts my yearly stats at 40 hours, down $975.  Yuck.

I woke up at 11:00 this morning, and was planning on playing again tonight.  But it was snowing.  And I wasn't sure there would be much action in the poker room tonight.  And I didn't want to spend the evening donking sweet, sweet video poker.   So, I decided to take off for home (u, see, I do not have to gamble every day).  The 35 mile drive took 2.5 hours; the roads were treacherous, as the snow got worse and worse the further south I drove.  At one point, I wasn't sure I was actually going to make it home.  Racing tires do not fare well in snow!  But all's well that ends well (or something like that).   Now I'm just relaxing in my room playing on Bovada, eating pumpkin pie from Walmarts . . .

And, finally, in the event anyone is still reading this exciting post . . . . I finally met Poker Meister.  We live 10 minutes from each other.  We've emailed for years.  He shipped me some bitcoin to get me back in the on-line game a year or so ago.  It was crazy that we had not actually met in person.  Around 7:00, I got a message that PM was thinking about playing at Maryland Live!  I was already in Baltimore, about to grab a steak at Mortons before playing the Shoe.  I convinced him to drive the extra 10 miles.   We sat down at the same table around 9:30 or so.  I was eventually able to get a seat directly to PM's left.  I'd like to say I used my position to abuse him all night long.  Instead, I used my spot in the seat next to him to get some tips and pointers about my crappy play!  He made it a fun evening, despite my poor play and even worse results.  Hoping it won't take years before we play again.

Thanks for the tips, P-Meister!  

10 comments:

  1. Definitely had a good time last night :-) It was made even better by the guy to my left donking 3 stacks into me on a bluff within the first 6 hands that we were at the table... You're my lucky charm, PPP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time, I dress up as a leprechaun . . . and take a commission!

      Delete
  2. U see, I wish I had guy like both of u around so that I could get really RICH playing poker, of course.

    Can't believe PPP didn't attempt to get unstuck on sweet, sweet video poker, the game that he rules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. g6ty








































































    what was the deleted blog with the wonderfully concise title FUCK YOU all about?

    Enquiring minds wanna know :)






    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was wondering the same thing, lol.

      Delete
    2. Was an emotional reaction to a stacking. Post was devoid of the standard literary excellence that this blog typically exudes. In short, it had to go

      Delete