DC

DC

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Vegas Getaway

Next week's Vegas trip has come together well.  I'm flying out from BWI to McCarran Thursday morning, arriving in Paradise at 11:50.  I'll be staying at Caesars for three nights on a full comp.  It's been a long, and unusually cold, winter, so I'm particularly looking forward to spending a few days at the pool, chill'n in the sun and sipping some delightful Miller Lite's.  I've got Kenny Chesny tickets for The Joint Friday night, and tickets for Elton John at Caesars Saturday night.  Hopefully, I'll find a little time to gamble as well.  Of course, [y]u[o] see, my primary reason for this trip was to get down on some bases futures before first pitch of the regular season on April 5th (Sunday night).  Frankly, I still don't have my plays decided.  I usually play 4 teams.  This year, however, I'm thinking about just taking some homer plays to make the season more enjoyable -- the OVERS on the Mets and O's (I think both have good shots at cashing, although they would likely not be my top plays if they weren't my favorite teams), and also dropping $200 or $300 on the Nats for the NL Pennant (the OVER 94 wins scares me, particularly given their lack of solid closer and the fact that no one in the East may be close to chasing them come September).  Also sort of like the Pirates OVER.  We'll see . . .        

Also, I was sick as f*ck yesterday and, while I'm back in the office today, I still can't eat.  The upside, of course, is that I may finally lose that last 3 or 4 pounds just in time for the pool next weekend. #silverlining.

15 comments:

  1. Miller Lite's Sir? Really ? Get some Stella in ya !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL save yr breath, redcoat. the counselor loves that sheeeeeeeeeeeit even when he was in Colorado the land of the craft beer .it was Miller Lite 4 Life

      Delete
    2. Again, it's not so much that I love Miller Lite as much as it is I don't want to die from diabetes. Pretty easy choice in my book.

      Delete
  2. I am very tempted to take Nats +94 - they are stacked from top to bottom on starting rotation & 1-8 in the order...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Me too. But their lack of depth and questionable pen is concerning. And, with a number as high as 94, there is little margin for error. I sort of think the better play may be the NL Pennant at + money.

      Delete
  3. While I intend to do a full blog post regarding my wagers on the upcoming MLB season, I may as well let you know how I bet on the over/unders, so you know what to stay away from...

    Royals over 80.5 -115
    Cubs over 83 -115 (homer bet)
    Pirates over 85.5 -115
    Mariners over 87.5 -115
    Blue Jays over 83.5 -120
    Nationals over 94 -115
    Brewers under 78.5 -115
    Rays under 79 -115
    Diamondbacks under 71.5 -115
    Reds under 78 -115
    Braves under 74.5 -115
    Rangers under 79 -115

    Good luck on whichever wagers you decide on!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Run hot on the VP machines, and have fun. GL with your bets. Don't eat too many great steaks, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say, I've seen Elton John three times, and would go see him again in a second. Always puts on a good show. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MOJO. Will prolly take it easy on the gambooling this trip. Mainly pool, poker, RnR . . . Just upped my flight out to Wed morning to get an extra day in the sun. Only live once, right?

      Delete
  6. Awesome itinerary. I too love Miller Lite and have seen EJ twice and would again. Look forward to your trip report. Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your life is a #silverlining - have fun sir!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi PPP, are you playing this weekend in the https://www.caesars.com/content/dam/uba/Gaming/Structure%20Sheets/charm-city-500k-blow-out.pdf

    it's local and cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure. Still apparently recovering from whatever sidelined me tuesday. Actually went up to the Shoe this evening (Friday), but came home after an hour or so . . . Turns out, still not right, and don't want to get anyone else sick at the table. May just rest this weekend.

      Delete
    2. Na- go back to the Shoe tomorrow. Will be there all afternoon and night

      -JP from Philly

      Delete