DC

DC

Monday, May 25, 2015

Downswing

Easy come, easy go . . .

So, I stayed in town this weekend, largely because I have to get a draft of a mediation brief finished by tomorrow (Tuesday) morning.  I worked on it most of the day Saturday, before heading out to Jiffy Lube Live in the late afternoon to catch the DMB show.  I got home Saturday night about 1:30 am.  

Yesterday, a awoke around 9:00.  Fairly tired.  But, I needed to bust out a few more hours of work.  By 1:30, I realized that the O's were home against Houston starting Monday afternoon.  So, I went on Hotwire, and got a cheap room at the Hilton across from the Yard, and headed to Baltimore for the night.  I checked into the hotel, and decided to work a few more hours before grabbing dinner and playing poker at the Horseshoe . . .  I brought the Macbook down to the hotel bar, and drafted over a few cold beers:


After a standard dinner at Mortons, I got to the poker room around 10:30 and bought in for $300.  Second hand dealt - AA UTG.  I raise to $15, and it folds around.   I believe I sent a text to Rob complaining about my lack of action.  He responded, "better than getting them cracked."  Well, I was saving that for later.

Over the course of three hours, I got my ass kicked in.  No big destruction . . . just lots of small losses.  I had Ax countless times, made standard $15 raises, and missed.  Did not hit once.  Sometimes I C-Bet to lose another $25 or $30.  Some times I just gave up.

I raised 56 hearts in late position one hand.  Flop was two hearts.  I bet flop and got called . . . I bet the blank on the turn . . . and got called . . . River was a heart, giving me my flush . . . I bet the river . . . and got called by T8 hearts for the bigger flush . . .

I played another draw later on, betting flop, checking turn, and firing a $66 bluff on the river (about $1/3 pot) on a K-high board . . . got called by 999.  Oooops.

I raised QT to $15 on the button, and spiked a Queen on the flop.  Ultimately, I lose a decent pot to a turned flush.  Dude played 95 hearts.  Yep. 

I raised AJ suited to $15, and lose to 86 off (pair of 8's . . .). Yep.

In fact, I won only two hands all night.  The first, I open raised 9T, basically just making a move because I had not won a hand to that point. Got three callers on a Q high board, made a C-bet and took it down.   I won another hand with A-high on a C-Bet.  That was it.  Yes, for the entire night.  That was it.

I added on to my stack at several points, and found myself in for $500.  Finally, sitting on my last $140 or so, I once again find AA, this time in the SB.  6 people limp into the pot, and I raise to $30.  All six limpers call.  FML.  Flop is 992.  Not bad.  I shove my last $100 and get called in two spots, one of whom has 99 for flopped quads.  Done.

So, after finally working my way out of a hole for 2015, I'm quickly down $500 again.  I love poker.

And, to top it off, because I stayed up late (trying to get UNSTUCK, u see), I was unable to get up early to work a few more hours this morning before the O's game.  So, I woke up across the street to this . . .


. . . and proceeded to drive home to spend the afternoon working . . .

Running bad . . .

17 comments:

  1. Massive mistake here quitting for the night when stuck PPP. Should have martingaled the VP or even better played some BJ and abused the dealer for busting your hand 5 times in a row. That's how the pros do it u see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people have what it takes to be a pro; some don't. I guess I just fall in the latter camp.

      Delete
  2. what is next?? a 10pm conderence 2 Korea seems about right . p.s fuck baseball and Nascar . 2 bad TBC wasnt at the race to throw a warm glass of piss at Jimmy Johnson #1stworldDFSfreerollprobs

    ReplyDelete
  3. and got a cheap room at the Hilton across from the Yard,

    Remind me again what an oxymoron is???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Mojo cheap to P3 meant he didnt get suite/ mimosa/jacuzzi tub..billable hrs must b down or he bought 2 many DMB t-shirts/poster

      Delete
  4. of course you probably could have found a very affectionate hooker for less than $500.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Money is like Doritos. Munch away, we'll make more...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds a lot like my usual poker sessions. Is it cool that the names of some of the participants of your litigation are visible in the picture of your Macbook? I'm no lawyer, but didn't want you to get yourself in hot water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JT, thanks for looking out. But, those are just references to parties in published decisions, not litigants in our case. I made sure before I posted!

      Delete
    2. Gotcha! I figured you were more cautious than that. I'll know to trust your discretion in the future.

      Delete
  7. wow I cant believe constantly trolling TBC with that group of weirdos has not turned you into a winning poker player.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I mean, if there is any justice in the world, I should be crushing the game. Perhaps my time is yet to come . . . just need to keep building good karma . . .

      Delete
    2. P3 needs to knockup a random hooker then have his mom raise the kid and find God, then blame all this actions/life decisions on a "mental illness" to b winning poker player. obviously

      Delete
    3. I dont think you actually play poker so this figure of speech may go over your head, but you really are the nut low

      Delete
    4. ooooooooh the enabler trying tooo b witty

      Delete
  8. Hi to all! I would love to say something here that this is overall truly splendid blog. cheap zynga poker chips for sale

    ReplyDelete