DC

DC

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Life Update

Last weekend, I escaped to one of my favorite places - The Diplomat Resort, in Hollywood Florida.  Weather was good and, as usual, the experience did not disappoint.  It was a relaxing weekend of sun, surf, cold beverages and sports.  And, I even managed to get a filet and some cabernet in at the resort's steakhouse.






Monday, upon my return, I worked half a day, then left to prepare for some medical tests I had scheduled Tuesday, which included a colonoscopy.  Results of a physical from last month gave rise to the need for additional testing.  Suffice it to say, I am a hypochondriac to begin with.  Hell, I once thought I had a tumor growing in the middle of my chest.  I eventually went to a doctor to have it evaluated.  The doctor looked at me like I was fucken retarded, and told me it was my sternum, and that, like, it would likely not kill me...  But, this was somewhat different, since there was a legitimate medical basis for follow up testing.  It was on my mind - front and center - every day for the past month.  Over that period, I think I developed nearly every symptom of colon cancer.  The mind is a crazy thing. Anyhow, I was anxious to finally at least get some clarity.

Now, I had heard fantastic things about colonoscopies.  And, while most people have to wait until 55 or so for their first, I was lucky enough to get to experience the procedure at 42.  Actually, it was not bad at all.  I wasn't troubled much at all by the 24 hours of no solid food, or the 4 liters of solution that must be drinked, drank, drunked the night before.  Honestly, while not pleasant, it really was not all that bad.  And, the procedure itself is nothing to write home about, since they basically put you out for it.  The worst part, for me at least, was coming to terms with the fact that the doctor puts you to sleep and, some short while later, just as you awake, he basically tells you whether you are fucked or not . . . whether your life has just drastically changed.  Fortunately for me, my life does not appear to have changed . . . Although, apparently, I am lucky enough to already have an enlarged prostate, which needs further follow-up.  Good times . . . Could I BE any more attractive to the ladies?  Short . . . middle-aged AND an enlarged prostate?

In other news, now that I am [relatively] confident I'm not dying, I rescheduled my Vegas trip for the week of June 5-14th . . . Staying at Signature for eight days.   I also decided to take advantage of my upcoming mediation on June 2nd in Miami by booking a room at the Loews Miami Beach Resort for the weekend prior.  I mean, if my legal arguments are gonna suck, I might as well show up tanned and rested.  After all, it seemed to work for the guys on LA Law, right?


And, finally, tomorrow, I'm off to AC to finally get some live poker in (I haven't played a hand since Caesars Vegas over a month ago.  I'll likely also stop by Citizen's Bank Ball Park for the Mets-Phillies game Sunday afternoon on the way home . . . Gotta live life to the fullest and all . . .

-P3

12 comments:

  1. Glad the test results were good. Hope that good karma carries over to the poker tables!

    ReplyDelete
  2. finesteride, 1 mg per day, plus you'll keep your lovely head of hair! best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news... L.A. Law was awesome (probably the reason for your career path)... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you will somehow have to find a way to survive in Las Vegas without my company since you had to change your trip dates. Maybe I'll take a side trip to Reno now ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woman LOVE men with large prostates, Pete. I mean, they always say "size doesn't matter" but they're just being kind. You're set.

    Glad to hear the scope went well. The spending 24 hours in the can getting rid of everything you've eaten for the past two weeks is the worst part.

    You really haven't played poker since Vegas? I was sure you got a session or two in at the Shoe before the city erupted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, I have not gambled a lick (aside from a few hands on line) since Vegas . . . over a month. Who says I'm an addicted degenerate? Come on, now!

      Delete
    2. Again..you sure?

      Here's a post from 4/12/15 Fight Night at Shoe

      http://thepokerbarrister.blogspot.com/2015/04/fight-night-at-shoe.html

      Your Vegas Trip report was the week before 4/5/15

      http://thepokerbarrister.blogspot.com/2015/04/vegas-trip-report.html

      Did you just imagine the session at the Shoe?

      Delete
  6. You may have been asleep but don't forget you basically had a beer bottle with a camera on it shoved up your ass.

    Probably better to NOT remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom is a colon cancer survivor, so I have to get a colonoscopy every six years. God, I hate them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're gonna live P3. From what I've read, that four liters of fluid isn't supposed to just clean out what you've eaten recently; it's supposed to clean out EVERY BIT OF WASTE YOU'VE EVER LEFT IN YOUR COLON, EVER. Yikes. As Dave Barry wrote about his colonoscopy re that nuclear-powered stuff, "we must make sure it never falls into the hands of America's enemies."

    I'm also (pleasantly) surprised your male bitch of a boss didn't call your doc in the middle of the procedure and scream/demand you be woken up immediately so you can sweat some more on some new stupid worthless motion he's decided he has to have the day before yesterday. :-) Here's hoping and praying you can get through your upcoming Vegas getaway unharrassed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. good to know that the sternum isnt going to kill u,counselor. #FactualFriday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi to all! I would love to say something here that this is overall truly splendid blog. cheap zynga poker chips for sale

    ReplyDelete