DC

DC

Monday, August 8, 2016

Closing Out Summer

I just got back from a quick 2 day trip to Boulder to see two of my favorite people. The trip started out rocky when I arrived at Avis at DIA and found the line out the door.  After an hour and a half wait, I final got a car.  I pulled out of the car lot and was immediately flagged over by another motorist.  I pulled over, and found out that the car I was given had a flat tire.  I turned around and returned to Avis.  After waiting 15 minutes for someone to check me back in, I returned to the office where the customer service representative filled out an incident/accident report.  Huh?  There was no accident (other than choosing Avis).  This was, according to the rep, standard practice.  Also, I was advised Avis may "try to charge me for the tire."  Um.  Good luck with that, Avis.
 
In any event, I made it to Boulder mid-afternoon and had a fun two days with this crew:
 



It's hard to believe it's August.  Summer is soon coming to a close.  I was hoping to take another full week's vacation; but, uncertainty about some court deadlines made it difficult.  Instead, I'm just going to take a few days here and there.  I am, however, making one last trip to Vegas Labor Day weekend.  It will be a quick trip -- arriving late Friday night and returning early Monday morning.  Heading out with my buddy MK for what will likely be a strong three nights of gambling, filets and debauchery.  Of course, I have 168,000 MLIFE points, and am determined to earn the last 32,000 to re-up Platinum for 2017, particularly given Borgata's recent announcement that it is joining MLIFE in 2017.  That, along with MGM National Harbor will provide two quality MLIFE choices on the east coast. 
 
In the meantime, I plan to spend a few weekends hanging out with friends near the Mansion and catching a few shows. OAR is playing in Columbia, Maryland this Saturday; and Train (my guilty pleasure) plays the following Saturday.  I've got a room locked down at a hotel stumbling distance from the venue for both shows.  There is little else I enjoy more than cold beers and live music on a summer weekend.
 
And now, back to the grind . . .
 

9 comments:

  1. Last August, I also rented a car at an airport (Salt Lake City) from Avis and had a flat tire by the time I arrived at my motel. They sent someone out to replace it, but charged me $79.00. That's the last time that will happen, if you catch my drift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last summer, when I rented from Budget at DIA, we got pulled over near Cody, Wyoming and it turned out our car had the wrong plates on it. Sheriff almost impounded the vehicle. By comparison, Avis was a delight . . . But, yeah.

      Delete
  2. I think there is a $15 a day upcharge you can add to your rental that covers the $79 flat fee???

    ReplyDelete
  3. then on day 6 i am slashing my own tire

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer is ending which means baseball playoffs, football, and fantasy are just around the corner. If you don't mind, can you add me to your blog list. After all, you are the 5th best poker blog around the internets.

      Delete
    2. Done! Apologies for the oversight. Love your ("ur") blog, sir!

      Delete
  5. Very helpful suggestions that help in the optimizing website.
    thank for sharing the link.
    goldenslot
    สูตรบาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete