DC

DC

Friday, August 19, 2016

I Gots Plans (Part Deux)!

I was suppose to be flying out to Vegas Sunday for a week of debauchery.  But, who was I kidding?  An entire WEEK off?  Fat chance.  I cancelled, called an audible, and opted for a safer option.
 
Assuming I can get a settlement executed today, I'm planning on taking off Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and heading to AC for some pokerz.  This, however, is no small assumption since we've been "negotiating" this agreement since June 2nd and have required no fewer than 6 extensions thus far.  And I put negotiating  in quotes, because I'm not sure that's a fair assessment of the process to date.  It's more like my client makes crazy demands; the other side makes some concessions; my client says "FUCK YOU" and reverts back to original; other side makes greater concessions; my client says "FUCK YOU" . . . and so on and so forth.  Monday night, the eve of the most recent deadline to get a deal finalized, my client pulled the nuclear option (yeah, it was a fun evening for P3, who loves communicating absurd demands at 10:00 pm); the other side shockingly gave in. So, after extending the deadline to today, it appears we have an agreement; but I'll believe it when the releases are signed...  Until then, I'm still considering my plans for next week tentative.
 
So, assuming we get signatures today, I'm planning on heading out to Columbia, MD Saturday night for Andy Grammar, Train and cold outdoor beverages.  Yes, I know I'm gay . . .  Then, Sunday, I'm making the drive up to AC.  I'm 500 tier credits from Diamond, so I'll knock that out this trip.  I'm planning on playing mainly poker, and saving my sweet, sweet "roll" for my trip to MGM Labor Day, where I'll need to grind out 32,000 more tier credits to hit Platinum again.  Yes, Diamond and Platinum --- liquid degeneracy still flows through my veins.    Borgata is running a deepstack series at 11:00 am during the week, with buy-ins less than $150; so I'll prolly play that during the day Monday and Tuesday, and then grind cash at Harrah's at night (with some smattering of the Devil's game mixed in).  I've locked down reservations at Harrah's for the Jets home game weekends through mid-October already, so I can sacrifice my ADP at this point and not have to worry about grinding cash through the machines.  I'm looking forward to a serious three days of dem pokerz.  I'm hoping the weeknight action is decent at Harrah's . . .   

7 comments:

  1. P3 you are awesome but Train??? Cmon man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know . . . I know . . . guilty pleasure.

      Delete
    2. Train cuz Culture Club is no more

      Delete
    3. If they play Led Zepplin IV live would be worth it, they did Zepp on Howard Stern

      Delete
  2. While I'm sure that it would suck to be put in the middle of that process, the final outcome indicates your client was very smart to choose that form of "negotiation". Or, perhaps, just very lucky ;-)

    s.i.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quality stuff may be the key to invite the users to visit begin to see the blog site, that’s what this site provides.

    free poker tournaments

    ReplyDelete